Is it weird that I want to be alone out of spite?

I'm almost 24 now and girls were never interested in me, now they're starting to show interest and I intentionally want nothing to do with them and just want to be alone.

They didn't want me when I wanted them, so why should I want them when they want me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to change up your game lol see girls like the chase too not just guys, a lot of girls do things mainly for guys lol they pretty up and smell nice for the guys so they obviously want to chase after the guys too so challange them, when they don't show interest pull away, when they do show interest then pull away again, i mean girls do this to guys all the time... they show interest then tease them by then pulling away and it works aha :P mostly anyways, it's harder doing it to more shy people who aren't very good at socializing as they are, but for the most point people enjoy that foreplay of playing cat and mouse, so let them chase you as well.

What Girls Said 8

• "Is it weird that I want to be alone out of spite?"

Not if it works for you. What'd be weird is if you decided you wanted a relationship and jumped straight back into the fray without changing your previous (failing) strategy. Only crazy (or unbelievably stupid) people try the same thing multiple times and expect a different result.

If being on your own works for you, then I say all the more power to you. It does tend to simplify life. Personally I'd ignore everyone here who says there's something wrong with you for not wanting a relationship. They don't know you, your circumstances, or your life history. They're just making presumptive statements based on their own thoughts & experience.

• I know how you feel. It's hard to get over rejection sometimes and even harder to open yourself up to someone afterwards. I instantly distrust any man who tries to hit on me before they even make an attempt to get to know me. Time helps, though. It doesn't heal but it helps ease the pain. Wishing you the best.

• I am sure most of them don't care since there are many available guys who keep chasing them. So the only person you're harming is yourself. But do whatever you want.

• I'd call it melodramatic before I'd call it weird. But whatever, not like you're hurting anyone so go for it.

• You're only hurting yourself.

• Agreed with this, most girls won't care.

• You have no idea how much easier you have it. Don't blame you.

• The girls who weren't interested in you didn't do anything wrong. I'm tired of this idea that a girl is doing something bad or wrong or carrying out some injustice by not being interested in a guy. The root of it is entitlement. You're not entitled to their interest nor are they entitled to yours. They didn't wrong you by not wanting to date you.

Subjecting yourself to a life of loneliness only hurts you. There's plenty of fish in the sea. They'll find a new fish.

• Exactly, there's millions of guys out there for them, they wouldn't want me even if I wanted them

• No it isn't

• Yes it is, you would know if you were a guy

• Um Im sure they don't really care about your indepth troubles of dating but be by yourself then. That's what you want and it's your choice. You're not hurting anyone except maybe yourself other than that yeah... you aren't hurting anyone's feelings.

• such a girl.

What Guys Said 9

• Doing it out of spite is poor rationale. You want to cause them the anger and frustration and hurt that you felt, and it won't work. Girls do not care. At all.

That said, I do agree with not letting girls take advantage of you on their own terms. Don't be a pair of shoes that she can slip on and off depending on the occasion. For example, if you want to be wanted sexually, don't let a woman reject you on those terms, but then accept her when she comes back because you're reliable and financially stable. If she can't love you for the reasons you want to be loved, she's not worth it.

• It is not weird, but it would be foolish. By being along out of spite, you're only causing emotional harm to yourself. The girls who are showing interest in you, will simply move on to someone else. It's your loss.

• They would have done that anyway

• That's something you are telling yourself, due to nasty stuff which happened to you in your past. But it doesn't have to be like that always, believe me.

• It is like that, it will always be like that

• Are you punishing the girls who want you now , for what the other girls who didn't want you did ? or you're punishing your self for not being wanted in the past?
    or wanna reflect the pain you felt earlier on the new girls so they can feel pity for you? or you just got used to feeling rejected so the old system you adapted yourself to doesn't accept the new update? or maybe... maybe.. your subconscious is convincing you that this is a nice easy way to get their attention?
    get up man ! and go get what you want from life ( the funny thing about life is that even those who might help you won't do it until you maker a move and take a step ) unless you are very lucky !

• punishing myself for not being wanted in the past

• i wasn't asking you to give me this answer man ,, i am asking you these questions to make you realize how silly are the ideas going on your mind and controlling you and how unrealistic they are m wake up ! !

• why don't you mutilate your dick while you're at it, that'll teach them.

biology and attraction is what it is. that's life. don't take it personally.

• hmmmm and what if some point of your life later you want them, and then they wouldn't want you?

you'lljust throw your chances away basically

• They will move on faster than you can imagine. Your plan will only backfire on you.

• thats stupid get one of those girls before its too late and they all hate you you'll definitly regret it if you dont.

• What do you mean by alone? Are you banging them n' then going ghost? If so. Then, Ma Nigga~!! If not. Then, son.. I am disappoint...

• Ummm just think of all the fun your missing though :P

• not missing anything

• I was just kidding... it is smart to take sometime to yourself... I took two years off and refocused. I did not need to be in relationship to define me. If your are using that time for yourself and want to put girls off for now... then more power to you!