Is high school dating even worth the time and energy?

I want to focus on my grades and school, but I want someone to spend time with and experience dating for the sake of experiencing it and getting some practice in?

Is it really even worth it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it is. Yeah.. you gain experience but too much drama going on. We don't need this! (:

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it really matters that much.

Plenty of people don't date until they're out of high school.

Most high school relationships don't last forever, though occasionally people do marry their high school sweetheart.

I had a boyfriend in high school, and I appreciate that relationship because I learned a lot from it, had many memorable experiences, made mistakes, but matured from them, etc.

Some people say that dating/relationship/sexual experience in high school made them feel more confident with the opposite sex in college.

Basically, I think there are benefits to having a relationship in high school, but it isn't necessary.

• I know there are advantages, but the disadvantages outweight the advantages.

If high school wasn't so important then it wouldn't be a problem, but since dating distracts you from that and normally doesn't last forever in the longrun when you're in your 30s and looking back you'll be saying "Why the hell did I even waste my time on this girl/guy?"

• Well, that really depends on you. Some people have no problem dating or being in a relationship and maintaining the school work. Other people allow their relationships to distract them from their responsibilities, and so their grades may suffer.

• Yeah that's true, I'm trying to be a Doctor so that's probably the reason I don't want to get distracted with someone else's bullshit.

• I dated in high school my sophomore year and now I am a junior I regret it so much. I actually started dating in middle school (silly, yes I know) up until my sophomore year. I then realized that I don't need a boyfriend to make me happy. I think I only wanted a boyfriend because I liked the idea of saying I am in a relationship. A lesson I've learned is that a lot of those high school relationships don't last, some do but it is very rare. It is a distraction from your studies and your grades, it was for me. If you want to date that is totally up to you. As for me I have decided to put my dating life on hold and my relationship status on hold and just wait until I graduate next year to start dating again. I learned a lot from my last relationship, it was a learning experience for me. Now I don't really see the point of dating in high school, I find it to be pointless. I'd rather just focus on my studies and get good grades I can worry about dating later in life like my father told me.

• Let's put it like this I make great grades and have a wonderful boyfriend I see myself building a future with

• I don't think so. You should be focusing on your education, girls can come later.

What Guys Said 4

• High school is like watching the Kardashians. Full of drama because people have so much free time they don't know what to do with themselves, they're also out of touch with reality.

I voted that it's not worth it but I'm not saying every girl at your age isn't ready. You could be lucky. But most people your age get caught up with the Kardashian lifestyle (drama) so it's best just to avoid it.

• Well plenty of people have married their high school sweetheart (at least 20+ years ago), and you get experience, so I don't think it's a complete waste of time. It can be fun too apparently, so that means it's not a waste of time.

• From what I've seen, the experience is just a heart break in the longrun so I'd like to avoid the unnecessary stress.

• Well if you know that high school relationships won't last, then it shouldn't be that much heart break. The good times would make it worth it. Besides 16 year old pregnant cock garages, I've never ever heard anyone say they regret dating in high school.

• No its not worth it cause very few people loke one out of 100 will get a real life partner.. Rest its all just short relationships that cause heart break in the end... and some only hook up.. so i voted B

• I think they're just practice for the real thing. :/
    Not sure though, never dated anyone yet. :P