Strip clubs, guys getting mad?

The guy I've been dating regularly goes to strip clubs. Maybe once or twice a week with his friends.

There is a male revue coming to town and me and my girlfriends are going. He is really mad because he doesn't think I should be looking at nekkid men...

Am I the only one

Meant to say once or twice a month, not week...
Girls, what would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Odd to me on multiple levels, though I'm aware there are people like this.

I go to strip clubs about once or twice a decade.

• I don't go to strip clubs so I wouldn't want my girlfriend to go either.

I will agree that your boyfriend is a hypocrite.

• I think that's rather selfish and hypocritical (?) of him. He goes to strip clubs but doesn't want you to do the same? There should be a level of equality.

Red flag

• Just do it. He obviously doesn't see you as equal partners in this relationship.

• I wouldn't mind if my imaginary future ex girlfriend looks at strippers but just don't touch the pen0r. Everyone knows once they touch the pen0r its pretty much over.

• Look away. Guys do it, why can girls?

• Honestly neither of you should be going to any kind of strip club/show if your in a relationship.

• Just go... he'll get over it.

What Girls Said 2

• I would go anyway. he would just have to get mad, then get over it. if he goes to strip clubs regularly then he has lost all rights to complain when you decide to go to one for an all male review. he must be insecure bc most of those male strippers are gay/bi/escorts anyway... if he is really worried about u finding another guy then he should be worried if you go to a regular nightclub over a male review

• He doesn't get too bothered if I go to a club with a bunch of my girls. There are two male revues in town. He doesn't like me going to either but really hates this one because the guys go fully nude in the one we are going too. That's the one my girl wants to see for her birthday

• What a hypocrite.

First off, it would bother me a great deal if MY boyfriend was going to the strip club that frequently - what the fuck? It's fine once in a while, but every month? That's not normal and, in my mind, not acceptable.

Second, how can he possibly justify being upset by YOU doing something once that he does ALL THE TIME? To me, that screams misogyny!! He sets completely different standards for himself than for you, and that's unacceptable. He obviously has a pretty disrespectful view of women if he thinks it's OK to set different standards for him than you.

• It does bother me a lot, but he is good in other ways in our relationship

• How long have you been dating him? Because no matter what he is like otherwise, setting double standards and being mad when you don't want to abide by them is a REALLY big red flag. It's an early sign that he's controlling/possessive.. which is never healthy.