What height do you prefer on a significant other?

I'm 5'7, and most guys that I have talked to prefer girls around 5'3 or 5'4.. And I prefer guys who are 6'5 and up, which is not too common obviously hahaha.... so if they're not taller than 6'5, I can settle with 5'11 and up lol...

• 5'0 and under
  • 5'1-5'4
  • 5'5-5'8
  • 5'9- 6'1
  • 6'2 and higher
Okay, I'm going to be more clear... IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PREFERENCE, than answering my question may not be for you. I have structured my question/poll to target those who have a specific preference. I want to see if those who have preference base their tastes on social norms (ex:guys like shorter girls, girls like taller guys) or if there are a lot of people who lean towards the exact opposite.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer guys anywhere from 5'-10" and higher.

What Guys Said 13

• i just love the answeres here in the statistics.

Girls, fiy the average middle aged man in USA is 5.8-5.9.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6304377_f520.jpg

• taller than me basically

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I'm fine with any height honestly. I mean I'm not too tall of a guy (I'm 5'8"), So I mean short or tall, as long as she has a great personality, is full of love, is loyal and caring and compassionate, and well isn't too bad on the eyes (doesn't have to be amazing but still I have to be at least attracted to her) then I'm fine. I mean sure I'd like a girl shorter than me, but height isn't everything.

• Yeah. I just aimed my question towards anyone with specific preference, so I could see if people who do have preference go based on social norms (ex: girls like taller guys; and guys like shorter girls) or if they have unique perspectives. I just want to know what society likes the most. You're right though, height isn't everything.

• I know you were lol. I just kinda wanted to throw in my two cents :)

• I really don't care. she can be shorter - equal - taller. I just don't give a fuck.

• Well, this question is based on preference. It's targeted towards those who actually do "give a fuck". I just want to know what the majority feels is most attractive. That's why I didn't add a "no preference" option in the poll. If you don't consider height as a "means of attraction", then your opinion should go towards a question that ask: "Do you care what height a significant other attains?". In which you could expand on you thoughts behind your opinion.. In the terms of this question, it's purpose is to see what society likes.

• very nicely said! x)

• Yup yup!

• Actually I think 5'6- 5'7 is a great height for girls. It's taller than average so they'll have nicer legs but they still aren't too tall.

• It can be from 5'1 to 5'10 O. o
    I'm 6'2 so I don't think anything below that will be good haha

• Dang. Wide range lol, but that's a good thing.

• Haha I don't see why I'd limit myself too much lol
      As long as she's shorter than me but isn't too close to my waist I'm good Lol!

• Height makes no difference to me as long as the girls nice that's what matters to me

• It shouldn't make a difference, I just want to know what people with preferences prefer, so I could see if people follow social norms (ex: girls prefer taller guys and guys prefer shorter girls).

• Yea it's all cool :)

• I like tall girls, even taller than me

• I am biased because I'm less than 5'8" (and my wife, bless her heart, is an inch taller than me), but I can tell you that NO ONE can relate to overweight women like short men. Both are commonly discarded as potential dating material because of a physical characteristic, no matter what is in their hearts.

• 5'8-5'10 I prefer them to be about 4-6 inches shorter

• Really random, but I like your user name. I initially read it as my middle name, but it's a little different.
      But yeah anyway, a 4 inch difference is usually ideal.

• It's actually spelled "Octavian" I wanted my name to be based off of Augustus Caesars old name before he became emperor of rome. Yeah the average guy in the U. S. is 5 inches taller than the average girl so for that to happen to me they'd have to be 5'10. My only real cut off is if they're soo short that kissing and being together while standing up would just feel uncomfortable and ridiculous.

• Yeah, I spell my name ias Octovina, but it's Octavina on my birth certificate. And yeah, you''re reasons are rational.

• I'm 5'10", to 5'11" and a girl near my height is fine, but I can go up and down from there.

• I am about 5'9 and looking for girls who under 5'8

• Gotta have em short. 5.1-5.5 is perfect.

What Girls Said 6

• 5'11 and up since I'm 5'11.

Though I would no doubt date a shorter guy. Being taller than me is just "ideal".

• You need to move obviously. 6'3 is the average male height by me. They're in abundance over here.

• Haha there are a lot of guys around 6'3 for me, but the extra 2 inches makes a huge difference for me, and I don't know why but it just does. And they're usually taken or not near my age range/type. But yeah, I said that based on statistics of the world in general.

• My boyfriend is 6'5 and he is far from the tallest by me. A 7'2 kid graduated last year. They grow em tall by me haha.

• Dang. Lucky... lol. I only know 4 guys who exceed a height of 6'5... Every other guys I actually know are between 6'0-6'3.

• I voted C
    I'm 5'3" so if they are 5'3" or taller then that's perfect. They don't need to be super talll lol I would just prefer that I'm not the tall one in the relationship. Since I'm pretty short it isn't that hard to be my height or taller luckily.

• Haha lucky! It's easier then, huh? I thought my height was average for a girl... But I tower over a lot more guys than I expected.

• It is a bit easier since I don't meet too many guys shorter then me lol If you don't mind me asking are you in high school or college? Because back when I was in high school I would see quiet a bit of guys shorter then me but now that I'm in college it's like all the short guys got taller because I never see them anymore.

• I voted D. I really don't need a guy past 6'2 I'm like 5'3

• I like tall men. So for me 6'0 and above, but I can make exceptions with a guy that is 5'9- 5'11

• I like taller guys from 5'11 to 6'2