Shy/reserved girls why the mixed signals?

girls if you kind of like the guy and he is obviously flirting with you why do you give mixed signals are you afraid to trust him? of getting hurt? what is it i am confused

i went on a date with this girl and we both like eachother i can tell our friends can tell and she finally said admitted to it yesterday when i told her i like her so why is it that on our date in which we both had a great time she wouldn't show me that she liked me i could tell when i hugged her from behind and pretended i was going to through her in the river then we just stood there looking at the waterfalls that she liked me i could tell when i would pretend i was falling on my skates and i needed to hold on to her that she liked me but i wasn't 100% sure because it was almost like she was trying to hide her feelings at times why would a girl send mixed signals when she likes a guy and that guy is obviously flirtin with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very shy but I'm trying to become confident but guys act like they like you and then they turn around and say how it was all fake so sometimes I'm glad I am reserved because if I was bold and confident and I put my heart out there without hesitation I would have sooo many more painful heartbreak incidents. I'm tired of games I wish everyone was just straight up and nothing was "clingy" "thirsty" or "needy" I feel like nowadays if you tell someone you like them and you explain your feelings you're 'thirsty' No! It's just honesty.

• exactly i just told her i thought we wouldn't make a bad couple that there is something between us but we are both afraid of something for me it's commitment then i asked her if she agreed and thank god she did but on the date she was giving me mixed signals.

• Yeah she's probably just scared

What Girls Said 5

• Because what's obvious to you may not be obvious to her. I've been looked at by guys before. They gave glances once in a while and it wasn't until later, when they stopped liking me and their behavior changed, that I realized they may have liked me. It was just too subtle.

Other times, I was convinced guys liked me and tried to talk to them, but they didn't care about what I had to say. So I don't trust myself to know when someone likes me.

• i see what you mean my flirting is a lot more physical and straight forward we were watching the waterfalls and i hugged her from behind and pretended i was going to through her in the river but and she's tussling with me finally i stop at the prefect moment where i can hug her and look at the waterfalls together also when we were ice skating i would pretend to be falling down to grab a hold of her i've taken her coffee to work we were on a date i've asked her to ride on my longboard and hold on to me which she did i've picked her up in my arms when she was being a party pooper and just wanted to sun bathe i've told her she's cute i would try to talk to her in class all the time are these not obvious?

• Um this looks complicated. Some people (like me) have been hurt in the past and would prefer to keep our feelings at bay. You need to get closer until she exposes herself completely emotionally.

• I am TERRIFIED of being hurt, however, I push people away unknowingly. I also have NO idea how to even look like I like someone back. I figure f they know me well enough they'll understand that that is why i'm so awkward around them.

• She doesn't want to give a bad impression, if you give her some time you'll see, she's probably the funniest of all her friends...

• Sometimes it could be because she's afraid to show her true feelings due to past experiences, she might be raised to not show her feelings, or she's testing the waters. For instance, there's this guy at my volunteer place that is showing mixed signals as well but it seems more flirtatious. But I'm withdrawing and denying the fact that he might just be friendly because I'm afraid of the end results and just being friend zoned from past experiences. It could also be because she wants to see if she can trust you or not too

What Guys Said 1