Girls, why are girls obsessed with tall guys?

lie what's so attractive about them they are usually lanky and out of shape

89

Most Helpful Girl

• Obsessed no, I just like men who are taller then me. I just can't take someone serious if they are my size and I really can't take them serious if they are shorter then me. In my opinion what I've heard from both guys and girls they share the same idea. The idea of a girl having to look up or tip toe to kiss there man is cute and same as guys most love short girls and they like the idea of having to bend down to their size more just to kiss them they think it's cute. Girls also may feel more secure when they are around a man who is taller then them. As men like having someone shorter cause they find it attractive. Think of it like this most men prefer shorter girls and it would feel weird to have a girl who is taller then the guy it would make them feel less of a man. Like most woman Prefer a taller guy and cannot see themselves with a man who is shorter then them and too some women they don't feel much of a women with a shorter man. There is that Ideal preference that in a relationship the women should be shorter or smaller then the man and the man should be bigger or taller then his woman. This is the way most people think but if your the type who will date whoever short or tall and don't follow by societies expectation's more power to you ! That's rare to see and those people don't care what anybody thinks.

What Girls Said 88

• I don't have a thing for tall guys. I have a thing against guys with insecurity issues that decide the fault lies at the feet of women who aren't interested. I gone out with guys between 5'4'' and 6'3'' and the biggest thing they all had in common was being comfortable with who they were. It didn't mean they never worried about their appearance, but it did mean that Mr. 5'4'' didn't feel threatened by the idea someone might not be attracted to him.

• I don't think height is a big deal unless the guy is SUPER TALL!!! like MEGA TALL!!! If he is moderately tall then I say he is a dime a dozen. I look at face, physical fitness, kindness, compassion, intelligence, amicability, intelligence and personality.

• Because when you hug them they engulf you and their jackets are big and cuddles are amazing because you can fit nicely in his chest. You feel cute when your tiny compared to him. And it's nice when their bing hand fits over yours :)

• Because I'm 5'11 and with any conservative high heel, I'm 6'2. I would like to kindly ask or 'put out there' that all the women under 5'8 stop trying to date the guys available at 6'3+. You look like midgets in stilettos. Sorry, I'm not normally hateful like that but I'm sick to death of that shit for sure!!! 5'4 dating 6'4... isn't there a man out there for you at 5'10 max that you can have unless you are in practice of wearing 6+ inch heels. Its a soft point for any women out there that are tall-er. To me 5'11 is beautiful. Why can't we find men that don't look like midgets for us, or enjoy heels. I met Tyra Banks one time and told her I cannot wear heels because someone told me I'm already tall enough, stop it!!! Its for short girls only... she said NO WAY, girl you wear those heels and rock them, you are as tall as I am and I wear them every day. I guess if you are in public eye, you can find a great amazing, tall-er man to make you feel like a woman. Heidi Klum, Gisele, etc. seem to be able to? =(

• Yea most tall guys are lanky. I still like them though. However, I PREFER something a bit shorter, around my height. I'd hate for a tall guy to have to stretch down just to kiss me or feel the need to always lift me. So why not do us both a favor, and go for someone near my height :)

• I'm 5'8 and their's something appealing about them that I can't really explain. Like why do guys like girls who are all soft, with those feminine curves? It's the same way. At least for me.

Lanky to me is the same as a chick that's slightly thick. Not fat or chubby, she's perfectly healthy. And out of shape doesn't just apply to tall dudes ☺ actually most tall guys I know aren't even overweight. They're really athletic on the contrary because of their height. Or they're "scrawny" but not weak.

• Being with a tall guy gives a feeling of protection, and femininity. I feel like an ogre next to a short guy. Although, my first BF was 5'4" and I'm almost 5'8", so love really is blind.

• Since when are they out of shape?
    ALL of the guys I know - that are 190cm or taller are in the best shape of all.

Love them. =)

• Well I like taller guys because I feel safe. I can't date a guy that's shorter cuz it looks awkward. And I'm not comfortable bending down just to kiss. A tall guy is a turn on for me. And I like to jump on rollercoasters I will feel bad if my poor guy couldn't join the fun with me cuz he's not tall enough.

• Tall makes us feel small and thus we feel protected around them which is nice. but not all girls like tall, i personally don't cause i dont like to feel small lol

• Tbh I'd rather have a guy who's just a few inches taller than me so that way I won't need a ladder to kiss him (I'm a shortie). I'd still date a tall guy though. Why do we like them? Most seem more protective and muscular (except the scrawny nerdy ones). Women like security 👌. Also because people think it's weird when the girl is taller than the guy and they don't want to ever outgrow him. Honestly though I don't think that'd work for me. It'd be a little difficult to try to show affection to a man when I'm only up to his waist. He'd probably look like my dad or something. It'd be a little weird 0. o

• I am 5'11. I want a tall man. I want the feeling of being protected as do many women who may desire a tall man.

• I like kissing up, not down. And tall muscular guys are much more salivating than short muscular guys.. to me.

• Well personality is also a big deal, but I guess for me taller guys are attractive. I mean I don't want to be taller than my partner when I'm wearing flats, I have a weakness for high heels and when I say high I mean 6 inch heels, even if I don't wear them very often, but at the end of the day if we have to dress up and I can't wear heels at all, or whether with or without high heels if I have to look down on my partner it's a bit awkward for me. But that's my own personal opinion. Plus I'm 5'8"...

• The height difference is usually really cute when the guy is taller. Hugs look more adorable and bonus points if he has to pick me up to hug/kiss me. It also makes me feel safe and protected. Also hugs from behind are amazing because when he wraps his arms around you it feels so safe and comforting. Plus I love when a guy picks me up in his arms. But it doesn't really matter I just think it looks sweet.

• I don't think they are lanky and out of shape. It depends how tall but for me, 6ft to 6ft 4 is perfect. I love tall guys (especially when they hug you!). I guess because they make you feel protected and safe x
    Nothing against smaller guys as well though :)

• Because I'm short and Asian, and the tallest Asian I've ever seen in real life was like 5'8" tall. On TV, Yao Ming- AN NBA PLAYER.

Buuuuuut, to be honest, lotta them Tumblr folk are tall, abbed guys smooching shorter, toothpick gals. We think it's pretty cute when some Goliath bends down a 90 degree angle in order to hug you.

• I'm not obsessed with tall guys I just like the idea of walking next to a human tree, feels like I'm in Lord of the Rings

• aww because you feel protected and its just so sweet for a guy to look down on you and smile are you look up and him and really i dont know but its so cute ahah, i personally love it, but i would still date a short guy if i had feelings for him :)

• aesthetically it's appealing to me, love the way it made me feel, the way we look together; also I'm attracted to him being manly which means bigger, but I'm not into giants, head from me is ideal

• It's not like I'm specifically thirsting after 6" guys. I just want someone taller than me. I'm 5'0", that shit ain't hard.

That's it. That's literally the only reason. It just makes me feel self conscious. It's the same with weight. I just can't date someone shorter or skinnier than me.

• I am quite tall myself and I do love the feeling of security a tall guy can give me. Also I love it when he can just hold me against his chest, which would be rather difficult when the guy is smaller. However that doesn't mean that I don't like small guys

• Biologically we're naturally attracted to them. Maybe for protection purposes. It's just natural that we find it so sexy! But not all girls love tall guys. Some don't mind either way.

• I'm only 5'0" and my boyfriend is 5'10" who is in very good shape. but it's better when they're tall it's cozy when looking up at them, cuddling and them picking you up! I just feel like a cute little ball next to tall guys? lol

• i don't know, it's some kind of attraction there whenever I met a taller guy (of coz if he's sweet with good personality)

• For the same reason guys are obsessed with weight

• Well, in my case , I'm 5'7 which is well above the average (5'3) for girls , where I come from. I usually feel like a giant a lot of times. I like tall guys - 5'10 and abve because with them I feel small and feminine :p

• I just want someone my height or taller. He doesn't have to be uber tall or anything.

• i find tall (well not tall tall... just taller than me I'm 5'4) guys sexy... I don't know why maybe because when i kiss him i have to go on my toes.
    that's my opinion but if i like a guy and he's my height then i wouldn't mind

• Im not obsessed with tall guys but i am more attracted to tall guys because im quite tall myself and i would find it awkward if a guy was smaller than me im sure the guy would find it awkward too XD

• More from Girls
    58