Is it sexist I believe in gender roles?

i want a girlfriend who watches sex and the city while i watch espn i want a woman who dosent like sports and cars and other guy stuff i want a girlfriend who will cook for me and stay at home all day while i work and i have to make more money than her and she can't talk unless she is spoken to. and she will have to have sex with me at least 4 times a day

i forgot to say she will have to do my laundry and clean and she can't wear clothes either while at home

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it sexist I believe in gender roles?
    Yes if the gender roles are about one gender being superior to another. If you regard both roles equally and would feel no shame/inferiority being seen as feminine/womanly or doing female role tasks then it's not sexist to me.

The roles you described suggest sexism.

• Not really. Sexism deals with 'fairness' and 'prejudice'. If a woman voluntarily accepts more 'feminine' roles that's her option. It would potentially be unfair if it wasn't voluntary.

• would all of you please SHUT UP!

You're ALL GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES LIKE "A dog chasing it's own tail"

NONE OF YOU ARE BRINGING UP ANY POINTS HELPFUL TO THIS SOLITARY ARGUMENT

AND NONE OF THIS SOLITARY ARGUMENT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS GUYS QUESTION

I tried to be nice. And calm. But PLEASE.

Stop.
      Talking.

Thank you.

• Interrupting a person's discussion with insults telling them to shut up isn't nice or calm to me. This is my answer I can talk.

My answer may be helpful to his questions.
      His question- Is it sexist I believe in gender roles?
      My answer- it's sexist if the gender roles fit the definition of sexism.

If it bothers you don't look when interrupt when others talk.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 22

• You're looking for a slave.

• It's not gender roles to want a woman 24 hours in the house. In the most patriarchal societies like here in Germany women worked with men and shared and took part in doing lighter jobs outside with their men.

And I'm not gonna waste my time more here. You can't believe in what you have no idea about it. And you have no idea what were and are gender roles of a patriarchal society and what was and is their purposes.

• -i have no intentions of watching sex and the city.
    -i love sports especially my Dallas cowboys
    -My dream car is a black four door 1967 Chevy Impala.
    -i love to cook but you can't pay me enough to cook for you
    -i plan to be a dental hygienist average wage per hour is $32
    -i don't have a filter i just say whats on my mind and nothing stops me
    -you guys only have sex when you feel like it? douche move
    -awww i can't make more money than you? i will write you a break up note on a hundred dollar bill

• No.. it's not.
    I kind of want something similar- except I want to work, and watch baseball with my husband.

Other than that- it just means you're traditional

• Are you a troll?

• Lol, 4 times a day?

• No it's fine to want a partner who follows te traditional gender roles but to think people have to follow them or should follow them is kind of sexist

• Do you have any idea the amount of care involved with looking after another human being? Being responsible for them? Why don't you just get a maid and a sex doll?

And this has nothing to do with gender roles, this is a step beyond normal.

• I mean, like, some people would consider that sexist. Gender roles are generally normal to an extent since males and females are different from each other in a lot of ways. However, if you believe that one gender is superior, THAT is sexist. If you acknowledge their differences, while still treating and thinking of them as equals, then that's totally okay. Your idea of gender roles in my opinion though are pretty strict and actually very sexist.

• Be sure to mention that on any dating website profile

You'll get 1000000000000x msgs guaranteed.

• "she can't wear clothes either while at home"

who does?

I MEAN

MIGHT AS WELL PUT A CHAIN AROUND HER NECK

• Dude, good luck. Girls don't owe you shit. You can't control when she talks or if she wants to fuck. That's creepy and actually abusive. Same with the money thing. Are you really that dense?

• I'm pretty sure he's trolling hard.

• "Girls don't owe you shit" I always thought that was an interesting phrase. Don't they owe guys civility? How about politeness? How about kindness? Seems like a pretty bogus argument. Also, it'd only be abusive if she didn't have a choice. Not everyone shares your opinion.

• I'm pretty sure nobody owes anyone anything. I don't need to be respectful of others, I choose to. No human naturally desires a demeaning, domineering relationship. It would take years of trauma to result in someone agreeing to those conditions. Forgressing is classified as emotional abuse.

• I don't really think so.
    Bring on the down votes

• "she can't talk unless she is spoken to" WHAT

I hope it's a troll

• Until the stay at home all day bit it seemed ok but seriously can't make more money than you and can't talk unless spoken to? Warning don't date or marry a Taurus

• sexism is believing one gender is superior to the other

• generally it's sexist to look at women. you might want to avoid unnecessary contact

• Honey, that's slavery and as you know, it's illegal.

• I threw up in my mouth reading this.

• It was fine, until it got controlling and demanding...

• You should probably just hire a maid and an escort (unless they have a two-in-one deal). They might like sports and cars, but you wouldn't know cause they won't talk unless spoken to (even then they'll put on a housewife facade for your sake) and will stay at your home, cook, have sex with you as long as their services are paid for.

What Guys Said 23

• Its not sexist to believe in gender roles at all really. But as for the "she can't speak unless spoken to" and "she has to have sex with me at least 4 times a day". Well yes it is sexist to believ that you can control her, and that you are in charge of when she can or can't speak. And you also can't tell her when to have sex with you. Maybe she will want to have sex with you 4 times a day, but if she doesn't, you don't have the authority to make her do anything. You don't have sex with her by telling her to have sex with you; you try to get her in the mood, and if you succeed, you have sex, if you fail, you don't.

PS: you will never find a wife like that. You will either have to get your head screwed on straight, or move to Iraq. Good luck with that

• Read, "A Doll's House," it's a play by Henrik Ibsen, I'm sure it's available as a PDF. It's a fascinating story about a man who dictates the finances and occupants of his house, and his wife, who is at his beck and call for cutsy performances in order to relinquish his firm grip on the family. Turns out the money that she procures isn't just going towards macaroons.

Point being, It's okay to look for someone in a relationship that wants the same thing as you, whether that be you becoming a house husband, raising children, or staying single and furthering your careers, or in your case, wanting something more traditional. Where I think you have gone wrong, is expecting her not to speak unless spoken to, and obviously sex four times a day. To me that sounds like a domineering relationship, and most people would be far from interested in something like that.

• Anyone ever see Legally Blonde? The "Is he Gay or just European" bit could better be referred to in GaG terms as, "Is he a Sexist or just Turkish.

• I didn't think it was sexist but saying "she can't talk unless she is spoken to" is going to be a challenge for you.

• If she watches sex and the city then you're going to have problems, friend.

• You see first I was with you with everything. You can have a housewife but in this generation you have to make loads of money but also if you divorce she is entitled to it all. But then you just killed me when you said she can't talk unless spoken to you sound like an ass dude

• I thought you were being reasonable until I reached the bottom of the paragraph lol.

No, gender roles aren't inherently sexist. Evolution and the process of natural selection have delegated certain strengths and weaknesses to the different genders as a whole. In primates, this consists of men having a strong natural desire to secure power, status, strength, and dominance, while women have the strong natural desire to be social, loving, caring, beautiful, and feminine. Nothing is wrong with either role, as both are needed for stable society, and neither men nor women should be obligated to follow either role. However, this does tend to be how things end up naturally, and it isn't sexist.

• sorry dude but finding a girl who agrees with your standards is etremely hard basically.

it's a pity to see a young guy sunding like a 100 yo relic... it's REALLY a pity dude!

• Not sure if being sarcastic or...

• It's not sexist to want someone that wants that, it's sexist to expect all women to want that.

• "... she can't talk unless she is spoken to"

Good luck with that one lol. If you pull that shit off, give me a call so you can teach me your methods.

• I don;t see anything wrong with gender roles as long as it's not enforced by society as a whole. But, "she can't talk unless she is spoken to. and she will have to have sex with me at least 4 times a day", is incredibly sexist in every way possible and it seems like you want a whore who cooks for you instead of a wife.

• Yea and g8 b8 m8 I can't w8 for the feminist to come h8 on you crap i need to stop talking like that xD

• Do you believe in raping the English language, sans lube, as well?

• For some reason I can see you beating your wife violently with a belt.

• Not at all. I mostly agree, with the stipulation that I don't want her to be able to read or write and I promise not to hit her with anything wider than my thumb.

• I'll be a house husband if she brings home the bacon.

• Yeah, but there are some sexist women who would be eager to fulfill those requirements.

• I was like, nah, nah nah *reads "doesn't speak unless spoken to and has to have sex four times a day"* And all of a sudden I was like YEP!

• "and she will have to have sex with me 4 times a day"

LOL.

I agree with you, I think the word sexist is just a buzzword and doesn't really mean anything

• Funny enough, you could probably fimd someone that wants that life.

• You are confusing having minor gender roles with controlling.

• It's not sexist unless you try to force it upon the gender.

• You sure you want a gf
    Or a slave?

• Sexism is life, sexism is love.