No crappy comments. How do I get past my nerves and ask a girl out?

I know this sounds extremely basic but really....how do i go about doing this? I like this girl and think she is amazing. I literrally can't tell if she likes me so I just want to ask her out and see what happens. And I know what I want to say but when it comes down to it, in my mind I'm saying, "Hey you me movies this saturday" but it comes out, " Hey did you finish the homework last night? " I feel like I'm being a wimp but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's felt like this at one point. Can someone, girl or guy, tell me how they dealed with and got past this nervousness.

What Girls Said 1

• You blurt it out without thinking so you dont talk yourself out of it. It's gotta be done.

What Guys Said 1

• the easiest way to do it is to stop thinking about it and just do it. thats how i asked my first girl out. if she doesn't like you then at least you know and can stop worrying