Are there really a lot of "fish" in the sea?

I don't have crushes often but I do find myself attracted to some guys but then later, I find that they are already taken. I've talked to some of my friends about this and we all agree. There may be fish out there but all the ones that we are attracted to or want to hook on a line are already bought and sold.
No wonder so many of us are single.

Everyone has a community which is essentially everyone's pool of fish. You can't exactly count the whole world since you can't meet everyone the Earth has to offer.

Most Helpful Guy

• So many of us are single because the internet keeps us socially connected and socially satisfied, so then we don't develop socially in person enough to interact in person. Also p*rn .

How many new guys do you see in a year? How many of them have you met enough to like them?
    How many guys in total are there that meet your standards in basic (attractiveness, age, race)?

You've mayyybe seen 50,000 since you've been looking. You've mayyybe met personally 500 during that same time period. Go look at the census. How many guys are the required age and race (if applicable) to meet your basic standards (just counting the US)? If your minimum attraction "level" from 1 to 10 is a guy rated a "6" on the scale then all guys from lvl "6" to lvl "10" you would be ok being with. Multiply the number of those guys by (10-6)/10. But really (9-6)/9 because "10" doesn't really exist.

How many more guys are there out there for you?

What Guys Said 14

• A lot depends on your background and how picky you are. Do you have a lot of dealbreakers, and/or do you possess a lot of dealbreakers for other people? If you do, then your pond gets sparse pretty darn quickly.

I've argued with plenty of people over this myself, but simply by process of elimination it's possible to get down to a relatively small number of fish still left in your fishable area.

• Can always start digging the sand for shellfish if you wanna.

• If so many of us are single, we should all be able to mingle. Anyway, you only get exposed to 0.0001% of the "fishes" in the sea. With popularity of internet dating, you can expose yourself to more fish. Yes, there are plenty of fish.

• Sometimes there are a few continents or states or oceans between the fishes tho... which becomes a problem.

• That's why you have fishing boats and scuba gear.

• That's gonna be a long ass expedition.
      I hope the chow's good at least.

• I think on average you'll meet about 30,000 people in your life. Out of those less than 500 will be close enough to you to be a catch, but a lot of them simply won't be a potential "fish". Most of them won't be.
    So you really have like 30 fish in the sea, if you're lucky.
    I think that's a pretty good estimate.

• Absolutely, there are some many people out there. But me personally, I know what I'm looking for, and unfortunately I do not see that in a lot of girls, so that makes it harder. I'd rather do that though than just have a girl who I don't feel a good connection with.

• Yes but i suck at fishing sooo...

• Yes there are also sharks, stingray, whales, etc. you gotta watch out for those you may need to expand your area and preferences then.

• Yup just depends on what kind ya want

• Then maybe you are looking in the wrong place. What strategies have you so far been using to locate singles in your area?

• Is there a question in here?

• There are heaps, you just got be able to ─║ure the right ones.

• Yes. You get more with a trawler though.

• It's true what you say about your community limiting your pool, but you can always move to a bigger pond AND with the internet, you can have a look at fish from still other ponds.

• Maybe, but most of them are disease-infested (STDs).

What Girls Said 6

• Well, many of us manage to fish old boots instead of fish so... :p
    Some people just don't know how to fish and what kind of fish they expect to get ^_~.

• There are! But the fish are too picky.

• Yep there are plenty of fish but depending on your preferences the actual pool is much smaller.

• Yeah there are like 7 billion fish in the sea right now. I'm sure you will find someone. :)

• Yes if you go deep sea fishing :p

• There are plenty of fish, most of them suck though.