What is your opinion on middle school dating?

I just wanted to know what others think about it. I believe you can hold hands hug and other then that no more

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, my mother and step-dad knew each other since the diaper days and they dated in middle school for a couple years... Of course, they broke up once they got into high school because they wanted to "test new waters" and such. My mother met my magnificent father (lol) in high school, became best friends, and they got married. Almost 15 years later, her and my dad got divorced because they simply felt that they were more friends rather than a couple. Not too long after, she called up my stepdad and asked him out on a date. They got married. Back to the present, I feel like middle school dating may have a different effect for many people. You never know what could happen. That's how my mom first discovered interest for my wonderful step-dad. If they want to date, they should be at least educated beforehand. Suppressing a child, keeping them sheltered, and not allowing them to try some things out could cause for them to become rebellious/sneaky and be less careful with their actions since all they could care about is getting caught. So yeah.

What Girls Said 4

• I hate people that say its a too young age to date. I'm in middle school and I've been dating a guy for almost 10 months and he's sweet and not a douchebag. he's everything to me and he's so perfect. Don't y'all dare tell me its just hormones. There can be reasonable middle school relationships even though they are rare to find. My best friend had her boyfriend for a year and something LONGER THAN SOME HS AND ADULT RELATIONSHIPSand they weren't driven by hormones because they were really close friends before that and there was no inappropriateness in it. They actually went places after school. But she moved she they had to end it. I thought they would've ended up marrying each other and they both learned from the relationship anyways I also know this one girl who has a really sweet boyfriend who brings her roses and both their parents know of eachother and the boy is like a mothers perfect child. There are highly mature people in middle school and anything is possible. There are also people who have married their middle school sweetheart. And people would be thinking that we need to focus on our school work blah blah blah education blah blah blah who's to say those kids aren't? My boyfriend is high as and learning math above his grade. I have straight as those couples were smart as hell too. Not all middle school relationships are pointless. in this generation anything is possible. In middle school relationships it really just depends on the maturity of the people in it.

• there was an incident in a school near my area (it is pretty common actually)
    2 kindergarten kids were naked in their school bus, and they were the only kids in the bus... they were noticed by the lady attendant. can you believe it? KINDERGARTEN! kids these days are exposed to internet without supervision so much!

but generally speaking, i think it is just cute. sharing crayons with only their beau, always being on the same playing team etc.

• Nope... it never works.
    Both boys and girls only think with their hormones.

• We all know in the back of our minds that it won't last. Usually, it never does.

What Guys Said 1

• It's testy waters to be honest I mean in most cases they never work and most kids can't handle it because they aren't mature enough and they have tons of hormones rushing through their bodies.