This question is for both girls and guys. What would you do if you were dating someone who had serious food allergies/intolerances but they hid it?

I know some people are hateful to people with food allergies.Thus why many don't even go out to eat and would rather fix something at home.I personally would rather not go into what I have.Do you think you could handle the two of you eating at separate places,one at their house and the other somewhere else?Perhaps the two of you going on dates like to the movies,a play,a class of something you're both interested in or to a museum or something instead for a few examples?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's best to be honest with what allergies you have. For goodness sakes, if I liked you and was serious about you, I wouldn't want to kill you because I took you somewhere that triggered your allergies.

What Guys Said 5

• I used to date someone with them.

I'd want to know. We dealt with it.

• Most guys will work with u and make adjustments for you. :)

• Why should I hate it, I would want to know. And I would feel really sorry if my gf hid it. I would never eat at separate places, i can eat what she eats. This is not a problem for me.

• Do nothing except maybe give her first aid incase she got an allergic attack

• Cannot answer this as you have disabled anonymity.

What Girls Said 5

• Most people are not that superficial that they would avoid somebody simply because of a food allergy. In fact I would hazard to say that NOBODY is that superficial unless they never liked the person to begin with.

• In the early phases of dating, it wouldn't be an issue since they'll just order foods that they're not allergic to. It would become more problematic if things got more serious or had a date where i would cook him a meal. I would appreciate if he told me then so I can figure out what kind of meal to whip up.

• I'm vegan (and just now finding out I also have food allergies and intolerances). people can sometimes be assholes over that. I don't care, I love eating out. if the place is veg friendly, I'm going to go and enjoy myself! (:

• Don't worry to much about what other people think. It's not your fault you are allergic to whatever. I get people fake having certain allergies to cause issues. Screw them live your life. Research places that don't serve whatever your allergic to or have a few choices with out said ingredient. Be open to the waiter with your issue they are suppose to take all inquires about allergies seriously. And if that person you are dating makes a big deal about it then they don't care enough about your well being so are not worth your time anyway. Sincerely a preson allergic to shellfish, fish, and peanuts

• What would be the point of hiding it

• Avoiding hate, not from who the person is dating, from other people. This is why going out to eat is hell.