Girls, generally speaking, compared to your own height, what is the shortest a guy can be in order for you to consider him datable?

From what I understand, most women do not necesarily want a man who is tall, but a man who is taller than them.

That said, what is the smallest height difference that you would typically see as acceptable?

(Say you are 5'4'', the the options would be A - 5'4'' or lower, B - 5'5'', C - 5'6'' to 5'7'' or D - At least 5'8'')

• Same height or shorter is ok.
    19% (26)
  • At least one inch taller.
    37% (50)
  • At least 2 - 3 inches taller.
    27% (37)
  • More than 3 inches taller than me.
    17% (23)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

83

Most Helpful Girl

• In my mind I used to always have the urge to reject short men or at least put then as my last choice. Taller men have always been more attractive to me for some reason. But almost every time I meet a tall guy I instantly feel disadvantaged & a bit awkward when things go horizontal between us. In recent years I've found myself turning down guys because they were too tall. It still doesn't change my attraction towards them though & doesn't make me appreciate any height more than another.
    I'm 5'2 on a good day. A man I can look at eye to eye is just as compelling as a guy I have to look up to. I don't think I'd ever go for anyone shorter than me though. If that's even possible.
    To generalize my answer... I guess my ideal guy height for dating would be 5'4 - 6'2. Anything shorter or taller is too much work lol.

What Girls Said 82

• Honestly, for me it's just as much how he carries himself as it is looks. If he behaves like his height is something he needs to compensate for, I'm pretty damn uninterested. I have no interest in buoying someone's ego over something that trivial. I'd happily date someone smaller than me - though I've only met like, two guys shorter than me, ever - if they were comfortable in their own skin.

• When I was 15 I was already taller than average girls and there was no way I would have dated a shorter guy. Height was a deal breaker.
    Then I met great guys who were my height or a shorter and I couldnt have cared less. The connection we had was more important than some size difference

• I am 5'7
    the shortest I would go is probably 5'5. I dated a guy who was 5'5 it wasn't a big deal. I honestly didn't think much about his height

• Like one inch taller. I'd like for my head to be closer to his neck or face rather than his chest or waist

• I prefer that a guy is taller then me but if it's the right guy I will date an inch or two shorter then me. I am 5'6 so it's not a hard target.

• Well I have never really thought of that since I'm quite short. - 153 cm (believe that's close to 5'02).
    But I do find tall guys attractive, about 175 cm is a good height I believe. (About 5'74).
    So that's actually quite a bit, but most guys I know about my age is around that height, so it's not that big of an issue.
    But as long as he is taller than me, then I won't complain.

PS. Whew... it sure is difficult with inches and all...

• I'm 5-8 my guy is 5-11, that's fine with me but if he was shorter it would look really weird when I wear heels

• Two inches taller than myself at a minimum.

• I am 5'3 and I guess it would be ok for me to date someone who is the same height as me but generally I like a guys who is a couple inches taller than me at least. But in the end, height doesn't matter as much as other things. If you're a really great guy and you're shorter than me, I would probably date you if you wanted to date me too.

• He should at least be around my height or taller. (I'm almost 5'7") I think it would be strange for both of us if I had to look down at him and he had to look up at me.

• I'm 5 foot so, I don't think I could date anyone under 5' 4"

• I am 5'11" without shoes on, so dating a tall guy is a requirement. The shortest I'll date is 2 inches taller.

• I feel like I'm eliminating a lot of great guys by saying this, and maybe it's just in my head, If it ever came down to it, it might be a change in thought depending on the guy, but I'd say he has to be at least the same height as me or taller. I'm 5'6 and I rarely ever run into guys who are shorter than me.

• I love guys who are way taller than me or at least four inches taller. I am 5 foot nothing, so I don't think there are many guys under or about 5 feet. Also, the guy I am crushing on is about two to four inches taller than me. Everyone is datable, but I believe the male must be taller than the female to display masculinity

• At LEAST my height. I dnt want a guy smaller than me. But I'm 5'2" so most guys are taller than me anyways. Truthfully tho I'm not super concerned with how tall a guy is. Im interested in him for personality n his appearance n stuff.

• At least a couple inches taller than me. I'm 5"5, so it's not a hard target.

• ANY GUY IS DATE ABLE! But I get where you're coming from. I prefer guys who are like 2 inch taller. Which isn't too hard as I am 5'3". But I just wanted to point out that even if I meet a guy who is as long as me or even shorter I wouldn't not date him because of that.

• I'd say my same height or taller, but that's just a preference, wouldn't be the rule

• 3 inches shorter, same height or a couple inches taller... I don't really mind too much.

Actually what I don't want is an 6'5 - 7ft height. Too much.

• At least one inch taller since I'm 5'1", if I dated someone sorter I'd literally probably be dating a legal midget since 4'10 is the legal height of one.

• I'm 5'8 and the shortest he can be is also 5'8.

However, I've seen tons of really hot guys who are shorter than me and I always think "dammit.. if you were only a little shorter you could go for him".

I haven't learned to accept being a tall girl yet (always hated it) but maybe one day I will.

• Considering I am 5'10, I would like my guy to be a few inches taller then me. I still like to get dolled up and wear heels, so I need someone who is already taller then me so we will be the same height when we go out :). But if we are the same height or he is just a little shorter then me but has confidence, then he is an exception to this :)

• Same height as me is just fine (I'm 5'4")! But for some reason I really like short guys. What I mean by that is I like them to be shorter than other guys, but taller than me. I think it's cute because they're not exactly the tough guy in the group, so they look more gentle and sweet :)

• Height makes no difference to me.

• 5'3" and I would prefer 5'9" and up but as long as he was taller and I liked him it wouldn't really matter so much.

• I actually dated a guy that was 5'6". I'm 5'4" lol. Though I'd like him to a bit taller than me at least. Doesn't need to be by much. I'm not talking about a man that's 6'0" either lol. Though if he has a awesome personality, and we get along great. Of course it wouldn't matter.

• We say that we like taller guys but believe me it is depended on guy. He may be shorter than us but attractive enoug, interesting and confident enough to make us forget everything, including his height.

• I'm 5'3/5'4 (162 cm) And I don't even know boys that are shorter than me (yeah 13 years old but that doesn't count).

But height doesn't really matter, but under 6'2 would be best.

• As long as they're taller than me, it's cool. Not much to ask for considering I'm AT LEAST an inch shorter than almost everyone in my grade. Apart from some guys I really don't like.

• I would prefer at least 2" taller, but if his heart's in the right place then my height or a tad shorter isn't going to matter.

• More from Girls
    52