Should I even consider taking her to prom?

So as most of you know, prom is just right around the corner and as a senior in high school this is a pretty big deal i guess, especially for me (this might sound stupid) but as a freshman i promised myself that i won't go to prom until my senior year with some that i really liked. So fast forward to senior year, I've been talking to this girl that i like for about 4 or 5 months now, we have a lot in common and we hit off really well. The only big problem is that she's a Sophomore and im a Senior, she's 16 and im 18, she has 2 years of school left and i have 2 months left, And i could go on and on about stuff like that and I've never asked her to be in a relationship because of all of this, So I guess what I'm trying to say is , Would it be a good idea to ask her to prom? To me this would make saying goodbye so much more harder when I graduate and i don't want to hurt her anymore than i have to, But on the other side of this i feel like i will kinda be letting myself and her down by not asking and I would always been stuck thinking what it would be like if would went.

• Should I ask her?
  • Should I not ask her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her. Sounds like prom's important to you, so you'll remember that night for a long time; make it memorable and go with the girl you like. Don't worry too much about the future, just make great moments in the present. I doubt either of you will regret it.

What Girls Said 4

• I went to my senior prom alone because no one asked me and I still feel really bad about it, so I say you should ask her :)
    If you've been talking for a few months then she's probably expecting an invite anyway :b

Also! Graduation doesn't mean you have to cut off relationships and friendships. As long as you are willing and she is willing then your relationship can easily survive. You just have to make an effort :)

• well, I didn't know prom was around the corner until just now.

if you want to ask her, then just ask.

• ... are you seriously making a big deal over 2 damn years?

• I know, but you kinda have to undrstand that because I'm older than her and because I'm a guy that there's a lot of pressure on me to make the right choices, I mean in todays society people's heads go straight to the gutter and think "oh he's just trying to sleep with and take advantage of her"when they see us together, I know i shouldn't care a hole lot about what people think but even both of our parents are against us being together,

• no one is going to be spending their time worrying about whether or not you're fetting laid after prom. they'll be thinking if themselves.

if the feelings are mutual and you don't invite her, she will be hurt.

• Ask her to prom... Senior prom only happens once

• Yes ask her

What Guys Said 3

• Holy hell I'm almost in this situation. Well, I kinda have two crushes right now and I've been thinking about asking either one to prom (I probably won't ask either cause I'm a fucking pussy) but one is a sophomore and one is a junior.

Anyway, if you have courage then ask her cause yeah if you don't you'll regret it. And ask as soon as possible. If you don't want to make it hard on her, ask to go as friends or something... I really doubt it'll be that hard when you graduate. She probably realizes that you're gone graduate, ya know.

• As harsh as it may sound, you probably wouldn't see anything of the girl after you guys graduate of she was a senior anyway.
    Go for it bro.

• You have to weigh out if the what if is worse or better than the saying good bye.