What is your dating age range?

Title says it all. My dating age range is from 20-25, I don't date people older than 25. So, what's your dating age range?

There are these 2 formulas to find out the youngest and oldest a person should date.
-To find out what the youngest age you should date is, take your current age, divide it by 2, and add 7.

-To find out what the oldest age you should date is, take your current age, subtract 7, and multiply it by two.
Mine is:

Youngest: 16.5
Oldest: 24

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 118

• 18 and above I go by the law

• I would say it all depends on my chemistry with her, I've date 18yr olds and its just a spur of the moment type thing where girls my age just happen to bring a helluva lot more to the table than just sex and the cougars well they are just that cougars. I find myself getting into too many disconnections on both ends of the spectrum sometimes but 23-30 is what I seem to refer at the moment.

• Honestly, 16 - 25
    Otherwise, 17 - 24

That formula is legit to young people only.
    Say a 50 yo man
    Younget 32? Oldest 86?

• I'd say 24 to 32 maybe. But of course there could always be exceptions!

16.5, QA? You're going to get in trouble! lol!

• ahha nope, I wouldn't date a 16 year old, that was what I got from the formula. My dating age range is 20-25

• I know--I saw. I was just messing with you! That's a reasonable age range for you (20-25).

• haha :)

• Not even sure legal age is to much of a problem, as long as no laws, for where you live, are broken by having sex too early. In UK, sex is OK at 16. But there is no law to say a 16yr boy cannot date a 14yr girl. (or a 16yr girl with a 14yr boy).
    This is purely down to the individual people and their parents. I admit that eyebrows would be raised if it was a 20+ guy with a 14yr girl, but again there is nothing in law to prevent dating, as long as no sex.
    Upper limit is the sky. Again, a huge age difference would cause some adverse comments, but these wide age-gap relationships can work.
    So for me, I guess 14 to 30-35 would be OK, subject to above. I'm 17, so 3 yr gap is nothing. When I'm 57, and lass is 54, it would be insignificant.

• 18-40
    its good to leave the doors of love open for any one who is worthy to enter

• Just go 7 years each way - 39 to 53

• 16 to 80 why don't you date people over 25? So of you really like a guy and he turns out to be 26 you won't date him? That's just silly

• Age is just a number the key is how mature the person is because you can have a 22 year old more mature than most 40 year old's or the other way around.

• im53 and im dating a girl who is 22 and way more mature than most her age I love her with all my heart and so does she

• Usually as long as she's 21. Age and maturity are two very different things. I date based on maturity... age is just how many times you've been around the sun.

• Those don't sound like accurate equasions. This means that 16 year olds can only date other 16 year olds, while its ok for a 50 year old to date anyone from 32- 86 years old :/

• Legal age is all matters

• 18 year old would be ok with you at 47 ? thats just not classy

• Being classy is immaterial. If the two people really love each other and can fend off any adverse criticism, then it's quite OK. I would not deny my own feelings if there was a huge age gap!!

• @JustinCaseUDontKnow message me !

• Interesting how you won't date people your own age. I won't date anyone older than my older sibling or younger than my younger one, so 19-24.

• Everyone feels lonely once in awhile, but the biggest mistake is looking for someone on the internet. people might not be who they really think they are.

• 29 to 76? I think I'll stick with 10 years either direction.

• Between 18-39 :-P

• From legal age (16) to...

I don't know really. I suppose there isn't an age limit as such. But, I'd have to find her physically attractive.

Also, it's pretty unlikely that I would go for a 16- or 17-year-old, since the alcohol age is 18 (hence they wouldn't be in bars or nightclubs), and most 16- and 17-year-olds don't look indisputably over-age. Unless I'm utterly confident that a girl is of legal age, I wouldn't approach her, since that would be embarrassing, LOL.

• In the US the alcohol age limit is 21 and if your under 16 you can't date someone over I think it's 19

• @LizzyD Actually, in the US, the legal age for sex varies from state to state.

• Ok well I wasn't sure about that part just the alcohol limit lol I'm a virgin so I didn't know

• I really, really, REALLY love me some 26-year-olds.

#demetrimartin

• My range is "21 - (no defined upper limit yet)"

• If she's 12, Then I'm 12.
    No just kidding.
    I'm 17 so I'd say 15-17
    15 when your birthday is like 1 Month away from turning 16 when I'm 17.
    Know what I'm saying?

• 20-25 is my area.

• 21 to 29

Dont want to bother with somebody that can't go to places that serve liquor. And while 29 is my age limit chances are that any 29 year old is at a different stage in her life so that seems unlikely.

• My dating range is from 14 and up really since my girl is 14 and I'm 16 and she's turning 15 this summer but i will never ever date somebody under 14.

• I'm 20, and personally I don't date younger then 30 no older then 50. I love me an older lady.

• I like 70 year old women. GILFS all the way

• 15 to 17, at the moment.

• Mine would actually be the same as yours, 16.5 to 24 :)

• yaay! ahah :) but that's just a dumb formula i found on the internet, i would date a 16 year old ahhah

• I didn't even use the formula, that's just my personal preference lol

• you had an advantage because we're the same age ahah

• 27-35 fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

• 18-25 I want someone that's in the same life stage as me, I really wouldn't have anything in common with a 30 year old.

• More from Guys
    88

What Girls Said 110

• 19-23. I've never dated older. Not sure why.

• My dating range is about 23-30.
    My boyfriend is 26 so he's I'm the middle :) my previous was 9 months older than me. Mature all the way, but 23 can be mature. Benefit of the doubt.

• To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't date a guy that is younger than me but I'd date someone older (maybe 12 years older, no more than). So, anyone from my age to 33, I would probably give them a chance. One of my friends is 25 years old and she's married to a 50 year old. Their relationship is super cute and they getting along really well.

• Guys older than me are stuck in their ways and usually try to control me, so I just go the youngest I can go without a crime being committed.

• He has to be under 36 years old and over the age of 22.

• My dating age range is 19 to 27.
    According to this formula the youngest I could date is 18 and the oldest is 30.
    Well, I could date a 18 year old, but a 30 year old would be too much for me.
    It wouldn't work.

• I'm 17, so I won't date anyone older than 20 at the most, and at the youngest maybe 16 lol cuz I never really date anyone younger I don't know why its not even that I choose not to but everyone I meet and actually like is about 6 months or more older than me. XD

• I won't date anyone over 18

• Younger: 1 year

Older: 2 years 3 years is an exception depending on the guy

At least for now anyway... And with your formula the youngest I should date is pretty much 16 when you round up and the oldest is 20.

So I already had my ideal date range, lol

• ahha the formulas was perfect for you, for others not so much haha

• 17.5 ~ 22 I think. I could go up to 23, but wouldn't do that fast. Maybe if I found someone really awesome.

• Ten years older or younger. Too much more and you have less in common than I'd like.

• i swear since i joined this site my range is beginning to increase. ill go with 7 years older, 2 years younger.

• according to your formula, mine is 18-30. realistically though I would say mine is like 20-32 depending on maturity, what they're doing with their life, what they're looking for in a relationship, etc.

• I generally luuuurve + prefer older men, pro athletes being an exception.

My age range for the older men = 35 to 55 :)

• Preferably 20-28, just because I'm 20. My current boyfriend is in this range.

• According to the formulas-

Youngest: 18
    Oldest: 30

Nope wouldn't date a guy that much younger than me, and the oldest I'd want is 26.

• Twenty to thirty-five;*

• my dating range is 18-25
    but sometimes I do like the idea of dating someone 30-40 thats more mature but Im way too young for that so I'll stick with my range haha

• 17-24 I think.

• I would date someone from 17-19. Small range but that's what I am comfortable with :)

• For me it's more about maturity than age. I could date someone a year younger than me if they were at the same level of maturity, although that seems rare. I guess my ideal age range would be 19 - 23.

• 5 years give or take.

• I'm 25 so I can tolerate up to 2 years for younger and probably in the early thirties for older. But much preferable at 27/28.

• Youngest...17 maybe. Oldest, 21ish? Maybe.

• 24 youngest. 56 oldest, by the formula you gave. :)
    As for my personal age range... I'd say 30 -45.

• 15-18 I go by law

• 20-26, sometimes a little older, but I could never date anyone 15+ years older than me.

• 16 to 18 is normal for me.

• I'd say 17-24 for me, but it all really depends on circumstances and what not.

• Youngest-14
    Oldest-18 anything above that would be illegal

• More from Girls
    80