Are girls ever the victim of being flaked on, having plans canceled on them at the last minute? or does that happen to guys most of the time?

I'm referring to the initial, beginning stages of dating, like before exclusivity is established, no boyfriend/girlfriend label yet, before the guy and girl have had sex, do girls ever get flaked on by guys? I've even read on some dating sites, pick-up artist sites, they even say "women are flakey by nature", or do both guys and girls get equally flaked on, have plans cancelled on them at the last minute, get stood up?

Sadly this is part of life but getting flaked on is something i hate more than rejection, like it makes me feel like i was lead on.

so do girls ever get flaked on, stood up, in the early stages of dating?
why did i get very few answers to this question?

Most Helpful Girl

• that's definitely happened to me quite a few times actually. there have been plenty of times where I've gotten all ready and the guy never shows up or calls. I don't know why a guy would make plans with me, only to stand me up. why bother contacting me then?

What Girls Said 4

• It has happened to me a lot with my guy friends.

• i got stood up 4 times by a guy that thought he was the shit, and he never gave me a clear answer. I don't mind if people cancel on me, as long as they met me know beforehand, but it gets me mad when they don't even bother to send you a short text saying they can't meet up.

• Not really, to be honest. I actually think that probably happens way more with guys.

In our defense, we have a hell of a lot more to lose, than gain in sexual relationships. So most of us have learned to be cautious. And though I'm not sure just how "flaky" the person you're referring to is. I think there's different levels. Ranging from downright rude... to just normal, feeling a person out.

• my gut feeling tells me you are right

• I think it happens to girls more

What Guys Said 2

• I would imagine many are

• I don't know but being flaked on feels a lot worse than getting rejected especially when you're all ready and groomed and you basically got ready and excited for nothing.