34 w commitment issues... opinions?

Soooo, I Dated this guy who's 34 and I'm 22. Ended it bc age difference w me but I told him it's just bc he was afraid to open up and he pretty much admitted it. I asked to stay friends but he said no.
Well I ended uo running Into him few months later downtown and his friend tried to ask for my number and he didn't like that and took me home w him. Then said we could be friends . Well, ended uo staying at his place a lot of Friday nights for a couple months and he would take me out to breakfast and went to movies too. My sister ran I to him this week when downtown drunk and started saying how I could do better than him and all this stuff. He told me
he ran Into her so I caled him and he said we should delete each others numbers and I started crying. He was like y do u like me I'm an asshole and I said no ur not. And he said he has oronlems
and he would only let me down if he dated me. And I said that's not true , u don't open uo to anyone ur a closed book and he was like I am and people don't change. And I was like what is so wrong w u like what r u damafed goods? And he said yeah I am I had my heart broken badly (years ago) . And I was like I'm asking u to open up to me please and he's like I have problems I wanna be left alone. Finally we hung uo and the next day he texted me sorry for 2am drinking drama. Guess friends thing didn't work for us. And I'm thinking we never were just friends. I tried to message him back saying id he never opens uo he won't get anywhere and drinking on weekends isn't living a meaningful life. But I figured he wouldn't answer. Is this it? He's just gonna push away someone bc they actually care ? Do U think he'll just never talk
to
me again? We had such good times and I rlly
csre for him ...?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• IF he was drooling over you as his perceived match for life
    he would become just the opposite type of guy... would come blasting out of that shell in order to Not lose you, to Capture you forever before the fleeting moment passed.

You'll HAVE to accept that he likes you and often will draw you nearer out of lust or confused attraction BUT never would he get that serious over your "type". You are NOT what he's shopping for... this decade.

Now you can understand all this BS about "heart broken" and "closed book" are as high the HURTLES he can place between you & him. Even IF you scale these, he will figure out other hurtles to block this relationship.

If you really want to wish upon a star, that someday he'll change his mind and coming running THEN ONLY do these things
    ... give him all your contact info... and always forward your new addresses if moving
    ... tell him you hope he finds what he's searching for... but you will always be waiting for him to call & reconcile
    ... leave him the Hell alone and WAIT
    ... while waiting, shop for a replacement - kills time, prevents obsessing + I can almost guaranty a guy similar or better WILL pop up... and you'll be wondering what to do next