Guys: Dating an 18 year old at 25 okay or no?

So basically I've been talking to this guy that I met a few weeks ago. He asked me to go get drinks with him at a bar. I drink at 18 but I can't legally buy my own drink. Would this make him not want to date me as it shows how big of an age difference there is between us. Or should I suggest we have drinks at his place instead? I just want to know if this will freak him out or if most guys would be cool with dating an 18 year old at 25?

Most Helpful Guy

• 18 is legal, but who knows if you can actually relate to each other well on the long term.

What Guys Said 4

• No problem... I would just think level of maturity... But not a big deal for me... I will handle the situation.. :

• I'm not saying that I wouldn't ever consider it, but it'd be the exception and not the rule.

• I only just turned 20 and I'd be hard pressed to date most 18 year olds, they'd have to be really special. He might be fine with it though.

• I'm ok with it but only in exceptions. She has to have more life experience than the average 18 year old, be really cute, and respect me. Kind of how she is now

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in the same position as you and to be honest, it doesn't work out.
    You aren't that far apart in age but it's just far enough where the differences outweigh the similarities.
    Drinking being one. It's just another thing you can't go out and do with him. Even though you're 18, he's had a lot more experience, has gotten past the 21st milestone, just been through and done more that you have yet to do... and all the while you're going to play catch up. Everything you're doing now, he's been there and done it years ago. It starts to get monotonous for him. /: I've personally got that he wants someone he can tak to the bar. Can go to Vegas with, can take out with his friends and if they want to go to a bar then where am I to go? It poses lots of problems

• I'm 18 and my bf is 27 I would not recommend that. Age differrence and level of maturity is a huge problem.