Guys, do you care about the kind of car a girl drives?

My cousin just got the car of my dreams (black mustang, which she knew is what I wanted) and its making me insecure about the car I drive (which is not as nice). She gets all this attention from guys now saying how cool of a car she drives and I don't know, do guys really care that much about what kind of car a girl drives? Does it make her more attractive or something?

She got it for her birthday, guys. So no she didn't save up or work for it haha
Another thing haha,
No I am not an insecure person generally.
Only when it comes to me and my cousin. She always has to have something over me and its starting to take its toll.
Just a note haha

87

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha women always love Mustangs for some reason and no I don't care whatsoever. My ex drove a 94 Pontiac Bonneville boat it was roomy, reliable and ugly as crap. But hey its just a car. If a guy truly cares he is shallow or most likely these guys are just looking for a conversation topic. And in all honesty if a younger girl drives a really nice brand new car that is a bit offputting because their parents probably bought it for em. My gf drives a stick shift 4x4 1988 Mitsubishi Montero and it is so fun to offroad!
    http://photos.autogator.com/12355-00010064i.jpg

• Thank you, very helpful!

• No problem and good luck!

• I gotta +1 the learn to drive stick. If the guy is into cars even slightly (which most are) then it's definitely a positive thing that I'll remember

What Guys Said 86

• As long as it isn't a car that's breaking down who cares? If anything, a girl driving an expensive car can be bad news. You say her parents bought it for her which would mean she sounds spoiled. I've heard of high school kids getting free cars and getting into accidents super fast with them. I skipped having a car until college. Saves on insurance money and I took the bus to school.

An expensive car means a high insurance bill. A teenager with an expensive car means the parents are paying a fortune for their kid. Just seems careless in my opinion.

• A nice car doesn't win points with me.

If she's a kid driving an Audi/BMW/Mercedes or even a Mustang it's obvious she's got a generous father. Why on Earth would that make me think highly of her as a person?

To me, the more realistic her ride the more I respect her. By realistic, I mean your first car isn't brand new off the lot. It's used and meant to get you from A to B.

• From now on learn to manage to your impending jealousy. In fact go get yourself a Mustang if you want, cousin can't stop you or anyone for that matter, unless you are having it for showoff which is just plain immoral. I could understand a dress or shoes or knickers/lingerie but a car is a different grade. If you want a car you just want a specific. With that I get to the point of STOP comparing yourself to her, very unhealthy.

Just do you, here and then you might get the same pair of jeans, don't matter. Another thing, you should not share your likes all the time just in case she might be ripping ideas accidently because you spend a lot of time together. Just be the bigger girl, just imagine & know you are good influence to her, you will realise your inner taste for things will change for the better and be more spontaneous. About the guys don't sweat it, in other guy circles a Mustang might actually get you attention and not guys for a relationship.

So you see here, the dynamics change by just thinking differently and positively without having to feel insecure a lot. The idea is to reduce the risk of insecurity and problems with your cousin.

• Alright, thank you.
      Yea i try to manage it, i do. It just always has to be some kind of competition and im sick of it. But i won't think too much of it, she's my family.. and we have our own lives. In which case, ill live mine and she can live hers.
      Thanks again!

• It doesn't matter what kind of car she drives to me. HOWEVER if she drives a car just to impress guys to trick them she's into cars, then it's a huge turn off. I knew two girls. One drove a brand new (at the time) 2012 SS Silverado. Custom lift kit and off-road kit. The other, a totally made over type R Integra. They both ran them into the ground. They didn't know they had to change oil, put 87 octane gas and were hard on the brakes. sent their transmissions to hell. TERRIBLE WASTE

• The guys are only impressed by the car and she just the girl who drives it which gives her more attention. Ask yourself is it better to have a heap of guys talking to you because they want to be in that mustang, or talk to one guy that wants to get to know you? Thats your answer.

• Thank you.
      I've realized that now and it helps a lot haha

• 'Men don't like nice cars, women like men who drive nice cars'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJVh1BzrUY

• If she drives a Jeep Wrangler 6cyl or better :-) or she rides a dirt bike, she gets extra points in my eyes

• Mustangs are the quintessential spoiled daddy's girl car. That's actually a turn off for me. Or it would be if I were still interested in girls your age.

What you drive can say something about your personality and habits for sure. If your car is dirty and dented it shows that you're careless about valuable things and you're probably that way at home. Minivan says "I'm married with children." Not every car tells a story. A modest sedan doesn't tell you much about the driver except that they might be practical.

• I don't care less about the car a girl drives. What I care about is how she is as a person not the sort of car she drives.

• A girl in a nice care is nice but a fantastic girl in a piece of junk will make any piece of junk look good.

Do you belive in the law of attraction. If the car of your dreams came to your friend then it came close to you. If you are happy for your friend as if you received it the next time the law of attraction will be more precise and come straight to you.

• Like many have said, what matters is cleanliness. Don't be a slob. Keep it clean. No guy cares what a girl drives. Although, like someone else also said, if it is bright pink or otherwise way out there then he won't like it.

And by the way, not being a slob doesn't mean you can't have books or makeup or whatever in the car. Just don't let it be a disaster.

As another person said, I think guys would be intimidated by a girl in a nice car. They may feel embarrassed if their girl has a nicer car than them. Drive something low key. No guy who is into you will care at all.

By the way, I drive a black convertible Mustang GT. However, it is just a personal choice. It isn't to impress ANY girl. I would be just as comfortable driving a KIA of some sort. Just no minivan...

• Her more attractive? No. Her car? Yes.

Just because I comment on how cool a car is doesn't make me more interested in the driver. I would be more impressed if she managed to get the car herself though. That much money takes work.

• No because I like a chick for her personality and looks not for what she drives. I care about her the materialistic things she owns

• The only time I judge someone by their car is if they have truck nuts on them.

• I don't care what kind of car she drives.

However, the condition of her car might say something about her. If it's clean and well maintained, this could mean that she takes good care of it and might be a neat and organized person. If she drives a piece of shit, poorly maintained, dirty car, this might mean she is unable to take good care of it, or she just doesn't care. Either way, those are signs I might be prone to watching out for.

• I really don't care as long as its reliable and taken care of, at least by her. I do really like cars though so if its cool, that's a plus but it'd be really shallow to pass someone up because of a car. I mean a girl that I liked for a while had an F250 with a 8 inch lift on 33's.. Imho, that's cool.
    I also think that older Cadillacs and Lincolns are cool, but I'm actually not a fan of sports cars and I HATE ricers. I also think that an H-town slab with swangas (google) is really awesome, as are donks and lowriders.. just my opinion, feel free to disagree
    But seriously, personality is all that matters for me.. I'd rather have a girl with a good personality with a Razor scooter than a bitch with a Bentley

• Hell's teeth!! If any guy prefers her because of her car, then they are the shallowest men on earth. It makes me feel ashamed to be male, honest. I have to agree with Prof_Don, except I would add reliably and SAFELY!!

• It doesn't really matters to me what kind of car a girl drives unless it's some highly stereotypical pinky ride out of some barbie movie with "hello kitty" vinyls on it.

Besides, it's not your sister that gets the attention, it's a car that gets the attention. Feel the difference?

• No way - I would be concerned that she takes care of her car... maybe takes pride in it but in all honesty , it's just a silly car. In fact , I'd run from the guy that is more concerned with your car than your heart ❤️

• The kind of car a girl owns does not change the way i think about her in the slightest. Don't feel insecure; if a guy likes you, it will have nothing to do with your car.

• No, I don't care what kind of vehicle she has. As long as it works, and it's rather comfy (in the back), then nothing else matters. I'm not much of a "car" guy. I appreciate what they do for me, but I don't obsess about it as much as Tim the "Tool Man" Taylor from the "Home Improvement" TV series, starring Tim Allen. Not even close.

• Nah, I don't care at all about her car.

I mean, if the car looked like she lived in it, then yeah, that might be a bad sign. The cost and status that accompanies it, however, couldn't be less important to me.

• Mustangs are the best! :-)

• if it's a sign of how she manages her money, getting into debt, then yes I care a great deal. if she has money problems that she wants me to help with then it's an issue, otherwise I don't care in the least.

• Only if the guy is a superficial knobhead :) I don't care if my girl doesn't drive a car at all. Though if she did then obviously that's really useful and practical and offers a lot of freedom, which is great.

It's much much more important to me who the girl is as a person and if I'm attracted to her physically, than what car she drives.

• 0|1
  • Materialistic items do not make the girl.
    Sure, I may notice a flashy car, but it doesn't make me want the girl more.
    I prefer more low key situations anyway.

• My gf drives a truck, but, she is not into cars... neither am I for that matter. Point A to Point B and some creature comforts and its all good!

• I drive a Toyota Celica, it's a means of a transportation, nothing else. I don't need material possessions to give me an illusion of self-esteem.

• God my girl drives a wrecked old sun damaged dented scratched 96 Corolla lol I don't care what kind she drives I still love her

• More from Guys
    56