Do you agree, it's hard to tell if a guy likes you and easier to tell if a girl likes you?

I think it's hard to tell if a guy likes you, and girls are easier And my guy friend thinks it's about the same but I don't know I gave him example about how he is extremely nice to me and how he treats me differently than other girls no matter how many people tells me he likes me I am still scared to ask him out because It's hard to tell if he really likes me enough to date. But then he tells me that girls expects guys to ask them out because majority guys does the asking out and if they don't do it they will automatically assume they don't like them but you will never know because some guys doesn't show their feelings like how girls do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's the thing... based on a majority of situations (I'm not saying ALL), these are generally the results

1) When a girl is interested, she tries to drop hints as much as she can If she is the type to be obvious, well... there you go. But there are many girls who are unsure about the possibility that the guy would like her back, so they would either drop subtle hints and not be obvious... OR she would pretend that she has no interest, may even give the cold shoulder, to keep others from being suspicious of her feelings, which would ultimately convince the guy that there is no interest, probably a bad thing for the girl. So that's my input for the girls part.

2) For many guys nowadays, if they're interested, they would just come out with it and simply ask the girl out. In today's society, people go out on dates without expecting it to last for the future. They just think of the "now". So with this in mind, guys wouldn't feel too hurt if they got rejected if they asked a girl out, since there are "plenty of fish in the sea". However, for those guys who are self-conscious and nervous when it comes to girls, they're more careful with opening up their feelings. These types usually become friends with the girl first. They are no where near being confident that the girl could like him back. These are the guys who would usually be UNKNOWINGLY dropping hints. Constantly being around her, staring at her from afar, or dropping anything that you're doing just to be there for her would automatically register in the girl's mind that you like her.

I'm not sure if it's easy to understand what I'm getting at, but no. I do not agree with that statement.

• I totally agree with you I will be the first to flirt like my friend he gives me a lot of compliments, and he teases me in a flirty way so last night I tested him out by staring and smiling and he did the same, I know he won't ask me out yet because he just out of a long relationship so I'm going to wait but it's good that we are flirty and we are comfortable with each other. And thank you for your opinion

• Well, that's good that you're at least comfortable. And no problemo!

What Guys Said 5

• I think it goes both ways. depends on the people involved. everyone is different, can't really generalize that, too much diversity.

• Understandable, and I agree everyone is different it's just sorta scary asking a guy out and just like my friend said we expect guys to do it but how can we know guys are at least interested?

• there is definitely potential interest there, I think he may like you too.

• Thank you and next time I will look at body language I haven't thought about that part

• I think it's hard for most people to tell if anyone else likes them.

It's somewhat easier to tell if someone likes someone else, watching as an observer.

• Yeah okay I agree now but at least girls will show interest by giggling or something like that, but how can we know about guys? I try my best to see if he likes me and it's hard my friends and parents sees it but I don't because he is a nice guy so I don't know if he doing things to be nice or he likes me.

• Well since you put it that way I understand completely now, I figured but I thought since I was girl he would do things nice to me but I don't know if he does other girls, because some of them gives me a " why her? " look and a " what's so special about her?" Look I can read their faces very well except for his

• @thewanderingme yes true because I do doubt myself because I always put myself down because I think that he likes girls that is attractive and skinny and only because the girls he dated was really pretty and skinny so I just assumed and then I started doubting myself

• often the signs a girl likes you are exactly the same signs that she would give if she thought you looked silly or she doesn't like you at all.

• probably harder for guys since girls are more subtle

• No it's harder to find out if a girl likes I cause they all act like they don't care so we go away.

• Yes they are girls that acts likes that I understand on that part but I meant like some girls will show interest by giggling and things like that.

What Girls Said 3

• no, I would say it's the other way around, guys are much more obvious because they start to want to do things for you all the time. women aren't really like that.

• I think it's harder to know if guys like you because they keep giving you mixed signals!!
    I tried asking this guy out (well to 'hang out') and it went horribly wrong... I called him and didn't know what to say, panicked, kept saying 'uhh i forgot what i was gonna sayy' and then asked if i could talk to him later. Urgh i rather leave it for the guys to do the asking out...

• Exactly, Yes same here!!! I wanted to see a movie but I afraid to because I didn't know it will sound like a date, I get so nervous and then we don't know what you will say plus again we want guys to do it I bet some girls will do the asking out but I bet they like the fact that guys to ask.

• Definetl agreed! I work in a cinema and get free tickets, i told this to this guy and he said he hasn't been in the cinema in years. I offered him some tickets and he was kind of like 'i don't really watch movies tbh but since they're free i guess?' Which is dumb and makes me sound weird for asking in the first place! But tbf he offered to train me as a joke (maybe I don't know, cause he's a personal trainer) and i just waved him off 😬

• Its my dilemma! All the signs I've showed clearly means that I am interested in him but damn, he is giving me mixed signals and its very very irritating but I won't give up on this guy. I will have my day.

• Same here haha it's so obvious his friends knows haha but then he acts like he likes me but treats me as a friend and sometimes as a girlfriend haha it's like omg stop it do you like me or not lol yeah don't give up