Woukd you date someone you work with?

I've never dated someone I worked with because I didn't want any potential drama if things didn't work out.

0|0
6|6

Most Helpful Guy

• ahhh no. recipe for disaster in my area.

3|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• You know what? I'm not saying an absolute "yes" or "no", but I would think long and hard about it.

At my last job, there was a girl who was very much into me. I considered making a move. After thinking about it, I felt her personality wouldn't be good for a workplace relationship.

I like keeping my relationship stuff private at work, and she's comes off as the type that

1) would tell the office detailed stuff about our relationship (aka, gossiping), and

2) if things went south between us, she wouldn't be able to be civil with me (i was worried about her "fiery Latina attitude" being combustible at work)

--------

I like a woman with some fire to her personality! But at work, cues I've seen her say and do, make a work relationship with her be a bad idea. I didn't believe she would be able to be mature working with me, if things went south.

------------

But with this "dating at work" scenario, each girl is a "case by case" basis.

Are you the same way, or are you a "no absolutely not!" type, Ms. Br0wn? :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a "no absolutely not!" type. I am a private person and I don't really want to get into the drama of dating with a coworker, someone who could possibly tell my business or get vindictive with me

• I suppose. I keep things pretty professional most of the time so I doubt if I will actually fall for someone who works with me but either way I think I'll do alright.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't shit where I eat! Unless... I was gonna quit that job soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Gotta separate work and personal lives though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess there is not a girl football player :P

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 6

• Nooooooooo way. What if the other person ends up being a crazy ex? We all have one of those... Who wants the crazy ex to be a coworker? Things could get really awkward. Too much potential for drama.

3|0
    0|0
  • All day every day. In fact for about a decade if I didn't date at work, I would have never dated at all.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would, but my job isn't a very professional setting to begin with. If I worked anywhere that demanded professionalism, no I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No what if we break up? Then I would have to see him after we break up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe... why not

0|0
    0|0
  • I like my coworker. But he is in a different department and I want things to work out between us, but I can't say when will that be lol

Yes, there will be drama for sure but you can keep it a secret right? wouldn't that be exciting lol

1|0
    0|0