It is always true that men are sexually attracted to women who act and look like their mothers?

As a guy, as much as I love my mom and think she's beautiful in her own different way, I sure as hell do NOT want to be in a relationship with a woman who reminds me of my mom. That's disgusting!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Take any two women, and you'll probably find that they share at least a few common interests or personality traits.

As complex as we humans might seem to be, we have a lot more in common with each other than we're readily able to admit. This is why horoscopes and psychics are able to stay in business. We're similar enough that most of their "readings" will apply to most of us.

Men being attracted to women like their mothers or women being attracted to men like their fathers is a coincidental myth.

What Girls Said 3

• Well we seek people that make us feel comfortable and safe, so assuming you have a normal relationship with your mother, then I yes I think most guys look for something like that.
    Obviously not exactly like your mother, but some common traits

• This was spot on you get mh even though you didn't answer his question about being attracted to women who like their mother's.

• ew! lol, I doubt it. I'm nothing like the mothers of the past guys I've dated.

• Surely it will depend on how healthy his relationship with his mother is. Also, I think age might come into a little bit too. A young man about town will want a girl who most likely match that. A man who is in his 30s might want some of those things that his mother did for him because he's more or less worked out what he needs in a woman. A divorced man might realise everything he needs in a woman and some of those qualities might reflect those of his mother.

• Well that's not the case with me. I have a very good relationship with my mom but I still don't want to be in a relationship with a woman who totally reminds me of her.

• Of course not every case will be the same. I have 3 brothers who are all mummies boys and SOME of their GFs reflect SOME of the qualities that mummy has. If you are going for a 100% copy, then that would be weird for sure. However, if you mum displays some qualities which you really like, you might find at some point one of your GFs has similar qualities.

• I mean I'll date a woman who has my mom's compassionate, nurturing and hard working trait. That's about it but like you said, it's pretty weird for someone to date a person who looks and acts exactly like their opposite gender parent.

What Guys Said 7

• yeah im with you on that one.

• The study was done on mice. Mice are attracted to mice that have similar characteristics as their mothers. I don't know if the study has been done on humans.

It wouldn't surprise me if that were true, however. It doesn't mean that we're attracted to women who look like our mothers, it just means that we're attracted to women who have certain features that our mothers have. I for one am attracted to women with dark hair and dark eyes. My mother has both of those (well, had them... her hair is now gray). That's about where the similar features end.

• Nope, not at all. My mom's a good lady, but I couldn't handle that level of nagging, haha.

• My mom's a VERY religious person. I absolutely don't mind women having religious beliefs at all but I don't want to date a woman who's too religious for my type.

• I'd say yeah that's true there was this one chick in my school who kind of looked like my mom and I was really attracted to her I also have a cousin that kind of looks like my mom and she is hot I know its wrong to do sex with a cousin I would never act on it, but I couldn't help being attracted to her. Even though in my culture marrying a cousin is not forbidden.

• Oh and two answer your other question yes I'd say I would want a woman who has common personality traits of my mom's

• Depends on the guy, but it's not always true. Probably not even the majority.

• No, if we try hard we will then we will get a girl who cares us like our mother.

• *edited

No, if we try hard then we will get a girl who cares us like our mother.

• I am extremely feared of my mother, so if a girl acts like my mother, she will literally scare my shit out.