Would you date someone that had been in an abusive relationship? Even if they were still a little broken?

This question is only referring to those whom were victims of abuse in their relationship not the abusers themselves.. Personally, it's been a little hard to find a nice guy willing to take on dating me. For obvious reasons, it's not for everyone. I've worked through most of my baggage, but I'm still anxious about falling for anyone again. Especially since Abusers tend to be really good at projecting themselves to be everything you've always dreamed for, only to show their true colors once they've "got you." and even better at hiding who they really are from others. Just wondering how many of you would actually be willing and patient enough to even try dating someone with that kind of history.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date a girl who was coming from an abusive relationship. Sure there could be a period of just waiting and not pushing the relationship forward until she was comfortable enough. If the girl was worth it I would have the patients to allow her to become comfortable. Plus I would want be there for her in what ever capacity she needed me to be :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I would. We all have "scars", some are just more noticeable than others.

• the abused: yes!
    nothing wrong with it, they have damaged self confidence though...

What Girls Said 1

• I would it's not that person's fault their ex was abusive