Is there any chance for a shy girl like me? Can you give me pointers on how to flirt respectfully?

I am shy. Extremely shy when it comes to attractive guys. I just want some tips on how some of you girls go up to guys confidently and flirt with him. Even hideous girls ( not trying to be mean but not pointing anyone out) get lucky.
I might not look it but I'm normally with other girls at a party and chatting to them instead of sauntering up to a guy.
So how do you get over your shyness and how do you flirt without looking thirsty?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say this...

YOU: "Which would you rather eat: 20 pounds of bricks or a matterbaby?"
    HIM: "What's a matterbaby?"
    YOU: (flirty) "Nothin', what's the matter with you?"

I heard that joke for the first time yesterday. (If anybody doesn't get the joke, "What's a matterbaby?" sounds like "What's the matter, baby?")

• But honestly, just go up to a guy and say "Hi, my name's ____. What's your name?" and extend your hand.

What Guys Said 4

• "... on how some of you girls go up to guys confidently and flirt with him."

Lol, I wasn't aware girls did this. I was under the impression they flirted from afar for a couple minutes until the guy came over to her or she gave up and proceeded to ignore the guy.

• just be yourself and dont involve in any flirting unwillingly.. let other begin and then get into flow

• From your questions and answers on here, you struck me as a very outgoing and comfortable type of girl?

• Just be you and dudes will be interested, laugh at shit jokes and be enthusiastic in the conversation... I'm interested because you used the words hideous and thirsty! lmao

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm just give him extra attention than others