Would you go on a free date?

meaning, a date doing all free activities. no going out to a restaurant or movie theatre or anything that costs money.

if you really like someone, does how much money they have/make at the moment (and are able or willing to spend on you) affect whether or not you would start (or continue) dating them?

• no. I wouldn't date someone that I had to do free things with.
  • yes. I would date some that I could only do things free with.

Most Helpful Girl

• yup. Sometime free dates are even better than paid dates.

• what are some of the things you've done on your free dates?

• that sounds really nice! (:

• it is. Its fun too cause you really get to know the person you're seeing.

What Guys Said 24

• Yeah! I could work up some ideas for a free date lol
    Besides the typical restaurant dates tend to be boring to me unless you know her well enough

We could go hiking, find a free concert or roller blade around a park and end up having a picnic there etc... the possibilities are endless lol

• Yeah I totally would. I honestly don't think you NEED to spend money to have fun, and that's even more so true when spending time with one's partner.

I mean, hell, the beach is free! Parks are free. Biking and hiking are free. Ogling bangin' fresh produce at farmer's markets is not only free, but they also often have free samples.

Those all sound like a blast to me. LOL

• exactly! although, going to the farners market on a date might be too crowded.

the beach is my favorite place ever! ;)

• I absolutely would go on free dates with someone. It's not about how much money you spend; it's the time together.

• have you done it already?

• sweet! I love hiking. a bunch of people on here have suggested hiking.

• @Asker Yeah, hiking can be really fun with a date. There's lots of opportunity for physical contact with your date (holding hands, making out on the trail, etc.), and there's always cool things to take pictures of.

• Yes, i think going out on date and doing free things is awesome
    i don't think no one should judge someone cause they don't have
    much money.

• I love going for walks and to the beach and just exploring the city, so yeah - totally.

• That 's better for me basically... i hate classy restaurants

• Yes. My parents when they first started dating would go to McDonalds and spend maybe $5 that's all they could. People didn't have money like they do now.

• I would, but I would also ruin the "free" date by buying us iced tea somewhere.

I'M ADDICTED

• It doesn't matter if she doesn't have money. As long as we are together and we enjoy each other's company, then that's all that matters.

• No that would mean I have to walk everywhere. I gotta at least spend money on gas and some drinks/snacks

• I'd do whatever she wanted to

• Those are the best. No pressure.

• so, you've gone on a lot of free dates then?

• awwww, those sound really nice/romantic! ;)

• Sounds cool. .. I'd be happy to

• I would date any person I had a good feeling with. The rest is of little importance!
    A poor but extremely nice girl would be welcome... a rich bitch would be shown the hole constructed by the carpenter :-)

• poor or wealthy wasn't the point. just would you like to? are you creative enough to come up with something fun to do for free?

• a party would be the worst! that soundn't even count as a date. that's more just hanging out.

• Yeah me and parties that's water and fire... especially since the music (noise I call it) is so loud it damages the ears!
      And how can someone learn to know a girl or guy if you can't even have a proper discussion. So no parties for me :-)

• @idketftoputhere to the park and chillin' in the sun but not under the trees until were on fire playen tennis, soccer and whatever u want baby. ;3

• Yeah who wouldn't lol they would be paying for everything lol.

• So many gold diggers in here.

• The funny thing that's my life because of who I am when I didn't have much money I had to pay for stuff.
    Now I have lot's off money people give me stuff for free.

• random people?

• I want to learn how to fly! you go often?

• yes I use them a lot but I have pilots I don't fly myself.
      you should lean.

• what would you even do?

• I don't know if this was meant for girls, but most guys wouldn't have a problem with a woman planning this type of date. I would actually be impressed if a woman went through the trouble of planning a free date. Any date a woman has planned for us has always ended up costing us a lot of money. Planning dates isn't easy, and I respect women more when they understand how difficult it is for guys to find something fun to do that won't bankrupt either one of us.

Most guys don't really count on women paying. As long as the guy doesn't feel like he is being used for his money, I don't think most guys will have a problem if the woman can't pay for anything. If anything most of us enjoy treating her to stuff. If the woman has the money and just refuses to ever pay for anything, then he is likely to start feeling used. It is similar to how most women enjoy sexually pleasing her man, but they don't want to feel used for sex either.

• it's just about doing something fun and having to be more creative when it's done without spending a dime.

I really enjoy organizing things. usually dinner parties who can be pretty costly too. I'd love to come up with something fun and free to do on a date out with a nice guy. (:

• I wish more girls shared your attitude. :)

• awwww, thanks! (:

• Well that's pleasant surprise, basically two thirds of girls don't expect a monetary incentive to date a guy. It's nice to think that some girls aren't completely materialistic when it comes to dating/choosing a guy.

• aww, thanks! in general, I think it fun to come up with fun things to do for free. a free date just sounded really interesting to me.

• Don't girls do that all the time? lol

• SURE, SOUNDS FUN ACTUALLY

• I think so too! I keep seeing guys on here say they don't have much to offer because they don't make much money. one guy actually argued with me on another question for encouraging a guy to find fun free things to do...

have you ever done this before?

• PERSONALLY, NO BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE A LOT OF FUN

• I would if the activities were fun. I think money makes a difference, I have experience that suggests it does. lol

• there's definetly a lot of free fun stuff to do.

what do you mean by experience that suggest money makes a difference? in what ways?

• I'm changing careers but I'm still working while I study, it feels as though my circumstance now is less desirable than before... even though I'll be better off financially in the long run. I'm still the same person just with a smaller paycheck and temporarily limited means and lifestyle. I ain't poor so I can still do stuff, I just can't piss money away on consumables like before. lol

What Girls Said 12

• Free is my favorite price! I really like it when a guy can be careful with his money. It shows that he's clever and careful.

• Absolutely. Free dates are always the best dates!

• yay! what's something you've done on a free date?

• Skating, free summer concerts, the museum (free on some days for university students), picnics (sort of free I guess, lol).

• Ugh my phone jerked and made me pick A. But I would absolutely go on a free date! I've always wanted to go on a stargazing date. Just us a blanket and maybe a light picnic. Perfect.

• lol, so in fact, only 1 female wouldn't. I'm really curious why. she should have commented.

OH YES! stargazing would be great. I've only ever been someone without any light pollution for miles once. the sky was sooooo amazing! :D

• Omg I'm sure! There was an area near my college apartments that had less little light pollution than the rest of the area and I'd always go sit down there by myself.

• I'd honestly prefer a free date, plus it means you can think outside the box and it's more unique and personal :)

• I've gone on several free dates.

• awesome! what did you do on the dates?

• Walked around parks, walked around a mall and "window shopped", walked into odd shops around town, drove to a lake and sat on the sand. Lots of walking basically.

• Go on one? I have gone on them many times. You can have a blast doing things that don't cost money.

• Of course I would. Those are the best kinds of dates

• Dating? What is that? LOL

• id prefer the free date feel like you can connect more

• That sounds quite boring :/

• yes I'm poor feed me

• I don't wanna walk and i get hungry