What's the best way to make sure a guy asks you out?

So I've been talking to this guy for quite a while and we've gone on a couple dates but it has been a while now (a bit less than a month) since our last date...is there any way I can kind of make it happen without asking him out myself (I initiated stuff on our last date and I don't want to be the one who always initiates).

Is there something I can text him or do that'll make him want to go out with me again? (Btw the date went well last time)

my friend made up this plan but to me seems a little far fetched...she told me to pretend to be drunk and text him saying things like "I have a secret: I want to do stuff with you ;)" but I don't know that seems WAY too weird to do...is it? Or would that work...?

thanks a lot!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't want to sound like a dick, but I probably will. You really should just get over the fact that you don't want to always initiate. You want to go out with him but you're not willing to make a small compromise to keep him? That's absurd. You cannot make anyone do anything by being indirect. They will either do it or you can do it for them. You're the only one you have control over.

• Nah dude it sounds like she's been more direct that him thus far. Read the whole thing

• I don't really mind making the first move once in a while but I don't want it to be each time cause I feel as though he's not as into me as I am. Plus I don't know if he's the type to like when a girl makes the first move and it might throw him off...

• You initiated last time and the date went fine. I find it hard to believe he would be fine with you initiating once but would find it unacceptable to do it twice. As for not knowing if he's into you, he's going out with you so that's a sign in itself. Plus, you said that he did kiss you on his own accord after you initiated the second time. If he isn't into you then it's doomed regardless but I don't think thats likely. If he's into you but isn't making a move for whatever reason then you can only win by asking him out.

What Guys Said 7

• Why not do it the other way round, and ask him out instead?

• Well cause last time I kissed him first (on our second date, on the first one it was him) and then I texted him first after the second date and I don't really like being the one to always initiate, I'm fine with doing it once in a while but not every time. And I'm worried that he doesn't like that I initiate

• If you're already talking/ pre-flirting straight up ask them for thier number and while they fumble about in momentary shock say. "Yea well you didn't ask for mine yet and I'm kind of impatient" or something like that with a smile. Then give em yours and leave. It's a challenge, one that definitely worked on me lol.

• He's already got my number, we don't go to the same school or anything and it's pretty much the only way we can communicate.

• Oh only read the title. Ask about something from the last date. Like oh what was that meal you ordered when we went out to wherever. Or if something funny happened ask him for clarity as if you were trying to tell the story to a friend. Basically let him know that you're thinking about your last date fondly. Maybe even say "that was so fun".

• Say "you should ask me out." I think that'd be kinda cute.

• Don't listen to your freind. It will take you down a dark path. He will straight away think 'free pussy' and turn u into a side girl. I know guys do this on a regular. If you like him tell him in a romantic way. One that would work for me would be 'I've been thinking about you lately' or something. Never go down the sexual route if you like him. He'll take you on dates with sex on his mind that's all.

• Your friends idea is HORRIBLE. You can't really make a guy initiate anything but you can probably give him slight moves or gestures that will get him thinking that "this girl might actually like me". Guys are shy and scared too

• Just say you'll put out if he asks you out. Boom. Welcome to date number 3

• your friend is clever =p try it =)

What Girls Said 1

• Asking him out yourself would be way more practical and dignified than any scheme. Just ask. worst thing he'll say no and you get to move on knowing you tried... It's also a lot simpler than plotting:)