Guy over 18 have sexual activities with someone under 18 and not get arrested?

I'm currently dating a guy 6 years older than me (I'm under 18 he's over 18) I heard if an "adult" has sex with a "kid" that there arrested. What if the "kid" wanted it and the "kid" never tells authority's? I want to if we last a year but, I don't want him to get arrested.

What if the "kid" never tells authority? And the "kid" wanted/agreed to do it? Age 18 is the law here.

Most Helpful Guy

• Last year I had brief sexual relations (few days, since I was just visiting another town) with 15yo girl, while I was 25.

From legal point of view, yes, I can get arrested for that fact alone. However, since she actually enjoyed those nights with me (and I enjoyed those nights with her), she never told anyone about it.

So yes, your boyfriend can get arrested they'll learn you're having sex. Besides, if (for example) your mom will bust you two having sex, gets some evidence it happened (like recording it) and then calls the cops, pretty much your boyfriend is fucked REGARDLESS what you have to say. Even if you will deny having sex with him in a court, as a minor your words will be disregarded as irrelevant.

Laws aren't perfect, unfortunately, therefore be careful!

What Guys Said 16

• You need to know what the age of consent is where you live. People have a misconception that the age is 18 in the US, which is where I'm guessing you live... It's 18 in a few states, but most places it's 16 or 17, so you may be old enough.

Doesn't matter if you want it. You're a kid, it's not up to you. You can't legally agree to it. If someone else finds out and says something he'd go to jail for statutory rape, which could be several years depending on where he lives. And he'd have a permanent record as a sex offender. Some places make close-in-age exceptions, but no place makes allowances for a 6 year gap. That's a huge difference in life experience at your age.

Also, him being 6 years older than you, he KNOWS this already.

• If you are under the age of consent the government considers you unable to decide what to do sexually with your own body and you saying you wanted to doesn't change that.

• It depends on location. Some places the age of consent is 16 other places it's 18. And if it's against the law where you are don't risk it. Being arrested wouldn't be the worst part. Being labelled as a sex offender for the rest of your life would be his worst punishment.

• An age for you and your boyfriend would be nice along with where you live. It's the only to see if it would be considered legal. If you live in the USA, it would depend on what state you live in becuase the age of consent varies through out the states.

• The age of consent varies state to state. I know that where i live in Illinois it is 17, if you're caught having sex with someone who is under 17 you will go to jail for statutory rape, and various other charges. Since he is 6 years older then you he can be charged with 4 charges. This is Illinois law where im from age-of-consent.findthedata.com/l/14/Illinois

• Depends where you live. There is no universal law. And it depends on your precise ages in many states.

If it is illegal in your state or country then don't do it. In the states he could end up on a sex offender registry list.

• How old are you? How old is he? If he's over 21 it doesn't matter if you're even 16 though and the laws and bylaws to deal with this won't protect him.

• The age of consent laws vary from area to area... you need to look up yours.

• In the UK the age of consent is 16, so that would be perfectly acceptable both lawfully and moraly. The laws in the usa are insane. Why at 16 the government feel a person shouldn't be in control of their own body is obsured.

• It doesn't matter if the kid wanted it. It takes two to have sex.

• It happens, but he does risk the chance of being arrested.

• Yes he can be arrested if you or your guardians/parents press any charge.

• It depends if you were dating before he turned 18

• Here no prob since the legal age is 16

• He'd still get arrested. It's called statutory rape.

• Read your update. A smart guy won't risk prison.

• It's illegal to have sex with a girl under 17, here where I live. Age of consent is 17

What Girls Said 2

• It is called statutory rape. You, as a minor, legally cannot consent. So he would be raping you.

16 is the age of consent for most (not all) states. There are Romeo and Juliet exceptions if the parties are 2 or fewer years apart, are in a serious relationship, and if the elder party is over the age of 18.

Even as a 16 year old it is STILL technically statutory rape if he, being an adult, has sex with you. You can consent, technically, but you are still a minor and it is up to the discretion of the judge to determine whether or not it is legal. Also, if your parents choose to press charges, because at 16 you are still a minor, they could have him arrested for rape.

Safer to just keep it in your pants until you're 18.

• It does not matter if the person under the age of consent wanted it. By law, minors cannot give consent. So, if someone over the age of consent has sex with someone under the age of consent, that is statutory rape and the older person can be arrested and end up on the sex offenders registry for life. As unfair as it may seem, that's the law and that's the reality of the situation.