My credit card was declined while on a date, be concerned?

I was on a date with a girl and we went out to dinner.. The bill ended up being $120. Just before our date, I got a message saying there was fraud on my card and it was cancelled. I sort of forgot about it and when she arrived we went into our date and ordered food, etc.

Our last 5 dates I paid for everything. That includes going out with her roommates and I bought everyone a beer and shot. So I at least spent $80 per date.

I was embarressed that my card came back declined and I didn't have a replacement card. She asked if I had an extra and I didn't (we went to dinner right after work). She said she can take care of it and I can buy her dinner next time. I still felt really embarressed by it.

Anyways, thoughts on this one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you knew about it before hand, but did not remember so that is kind of on you. But she sounded pretty understanding and even suggested you pay on the next date which means she would not mind going out with you again. I think you are in the clear as long as you get your card replaced before the next date

What Girls Said 5

• Don't sweat it. She was cool about it which shows she wasn't too concerned. This kind of stuff happens and it sucks to have to be put on the spot like that but you got through it and it's not a problem! Hope everything went alright with your card afterwards

• It happens, don't make a big deal about it. Thank her for paying. You've shown to be a gentlemen and pay every other time, and if you keep bringing it up you'll just make it more awkward.

• It was her fuckin' turn to pay anyway. Don't worry about it.

• Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone. I'd be more concerned about the report you got earlier about fraud rather than paying for dinner. Sounds like your date wasn't sweating it too much either.

• its okay for me. not a big deal.

What Guys Said 5

• Your question reminded me to check my credit card. Thanks! Anyway, don't worry. Shit happens. The most important thing is to get your credit card settled and make sure there isn't anything else out there with your name.

• she had it covered, that was extremely nice of her and she didn't criticize you for it. it happens, when there is a potential fraudulent purchase the card carrier will freeze/cancel your card for your own safety. it happens, im sure she understands.

• Just out of curiosity, why pay for her friends and roommates?

Also, you paid for the first five dates too? Dude, if a problem arises because of your little credit card snafu, then you should find someone new to date. That'd be ridiculous.

• She seemed fine about it man. It's all right ;D
    Get your card fixed though O_O

• Don't worry. You paid the other times. She knows you are not a bullshitter. You're fine!