Can I redeem myself?

The guy was really into me (friend of a friend) and I was really into him and I just got a little nervous on the first date and just (slightly) screwed it up. Can I redeem my self from this next time I see him out with my friend of the firend? Or are guys that quick to turn? There were definitlely laughs and flirting on the date but it wasn't perfect. I was so nervous. Do men have any empathy for a first date not being perfect or no do I have to let it go?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, it doesn't sound as though you actually screwed anything up. It sounds like you are describing the awkward experience of dating.

You see dating in these corny hallmark movies, and it is depicted as being this golden connection between two angels in heaven and everything that is said is amazing, and the two people on the date fall in love and all of that.

In reality, dating is awkward, anxiety inducing, and enjoyable.

Sounds like you experienced that
    Sounds like a good date

Of course, you can work on any potential issues next time you see him. I really don't think that will be a deal breaker. It sounds like he had fun to.

And, truth be told, he was probably nervous and awkward as well, even if he didn't come across that way.

Honestly, sounds like a fairly typical (and good) first date. Go on another one, I say

What Guys Said 2

• He was probably nervous too, just talk with him and see if he is interested in a second then you are in the clear

• Yes, you can. Don't worry.

What Girls Said 2

• Would help us answer better if you told us what actually happened. If it was just a little awkward, it's NBD - most first dates are.

• I would think some do. Don't worry. If he likes you, he'll want a second date. First dates are usually nervous and awkward anyway. :D