Do I have a right to be mad?

well a few days ago I got upset with my boyfriend for joking too harshly and saying rude things ("I hate you," "you're a bitch", ect) and we normally tease but he just went too far and upset me and I forgave him. but then today he did it again but this time I was pissed off because he acts like a jerk to try to be funny and I already told him I don't like it and I had to go to the bathroom to cry. I know he's joking but I can't help but bad when he does. I feel angry but I don't know if I should forgive him or what because he seemed super sorry about it. I know guys like to joke and be mean sometimes so I feel like I should cut him some slack but I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he keeps doing it, it makes it hard to believe that he was actually sorry about upsetting you. You really need to let him know that this is not okay. Otherwise, if he thinks he can get away with it, he's going to keep acting like that.

• I think he knows now because he seemed really upset about it but I don't know if I should stay mad..

• I suppose it can't hurt to give him a chance. But if it were me, it would be the last chance. He's being verbally abusive and you do not have to put up with that. The fact that he doesn't seem to understand the negative impact his words are having on you makes it even worse.

What Guys Said 2

• first time was a mistake, second time was an accident (super sorry), third time he is just a fucking moron, fourth time seriously d00d what are you doing.

• Don't cut him anymore slack. give him an ultimatum, either he stops doing it or you're leaving him.

What Girls Said 3

• He shouldn't be doing it when you made it clear you don't like it

• It starts off as a joke, then he's going to keep doing that when he gets mad at you.

• Has he apologized for the second time?