Have you heard of Pickup Artists or PUA? What do you think?

These are the rules:

1. You can only "game" a woman with whom you are prepared to fail (if you find yourself wanting her too badly, you'll never have her)
2. Exude extreme confidence
3. Demonstrate some kind of value, skill or talent NEAR your target, but not directly to her. Initially, pretend you don't even notice her.
4. Win over her friends
5. Be hard to get
6. Be fun
7. Handle challenges from competing men intellectually and psychologically. Never fight.
8. Respond to any signs that she's not interested as if it were "no big deal"
9. Once you have your target's attention, playfully insult ("neg") her. For example, "I like your hair, is that your natural color?" The more beautiful the woman, the more effective the neg is in garnering interest as they rarely hear comments of that nature.
10. Once attraction has been established, punish any unwanted behavior by withdrawing and disinterest, but do not pout or have an attitude.
11. Alternate between attraction and disinterest signals in a push-pull fashion until rapport is established

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Some of those are HORRIBLE HORRIBLE advice. I don't have a dick, but I don't think it should be so hard to pick up women.

Let me go through everyone of those points and I will tell you how I would react to them:

1) Not true. Some women you want badly could want you just the same.
    2) Duh. What woman doesn't find confidence sexy? But you can't fake it. It has to be you.
    3) You don't notice me? I don't notice you. I notice guys who have the balls to come up to me and say something. Not guys who are a seat over, talking loudly about how they made 18 out of 20 shots more than halfway down the court. I don't like braggers.
    4) Just because my friends like you doesn't mean I will.
    5) Lots of guys don't like this in women. Many women are the same. I don't care for it. Play hard to get with me is a turn-off.
    6) Duh.
    7) This is a turn-on, I'll admit.
    8) I'm going to take the fact that you're not interested either to be a lie. If you approached me with interest and then you're going to play off like you're not interested? It's called immature to me.
    9) LOL. You insult me? I'll insult you back and I'm leaving.
    10) If I'm interested in you and you don't like that I am doing what I like to do, FUCK you. Move along then, because I see you as a pussy. I don't KNOW you... so why should I care that you don't like what I do?
    11) Again. The whole hard-to-get game? It's stupid. I have no time for it.

I think most of these are frigging ridiculous. Honestly, if a man wants to pick up a woman, it's simple: Walk up to her, tell her that you're interested in her and what you're interested for (don't be a sleaze or a creepo), and that's it. You don't need to play games because those will get you REJECTED. ^_^

• Miss, I'm afraid your advice is even WORSE! Obviously, you don't have any frame of reference for what men go through in approaching women. You may be an exception, but game playing is all that many women respond to! Players are successful because they take the time and trouble to construct and perform a staged personality image. Today, many women are so spoiled and entitled that many perfectly decent men are being rejected constantly. This is why the PUA industry has become so prominent now. Men must take classes to learn to put on an act that women will like! A good, decent, normal man simply being himself is no longer good enough to have a girlfriend! This is the time we are living in!

• No. You're wrong. The above is bull crap and only works on INSECURE women.

"A good, decent, normal man simply being himself is no longer good enough to have a girlfriend!"

This is EXACTLY what many women want. We don't want assholes in a relationship.

What Girls Said 4

• I think the advice is great for guys who struggle with confidence or putting women on such a high pedestal they can never approach or hold conversation.

Beyond that though, I think it's a terrible strategy that only ends up working on more desperate women. Women as a rule (including the extremely beautiful) are very fragile about male interest. PUA's incorrectly assume that women get so much attention that we're immune to it. On the contrary, women get burned a lot by men just trying to get in their pants. So any sign of a guy seeming cocky, withdrawing, disinterested, and especially negging! (the worst PUA idea), will throw her off.

I've seen desperate women fall for this because they're used to being snubbed a lot, so they see this as part of the game. Women who aren't as desperate feel a kick to their self esteem and walk away so as not to annoy the man.

• Only going after peopel you don't care about must suck.

Otherwise most of the stuff there is what most peopel do anyways. Few and far between women and men who don't play games and the stuff you listed is basic game playing for dating. It's the-advice given on here all the time by women and men and not as put just as basic dating strategy.

Only the most insecure person goes after people they don't really want. And in my opinion it's no way to live. It's like eating Luke warm soup bc it won't burn you but then it tastes like crap.

It's advice I was given beofre dating my fiancé' and luckily I'm not an idiot and ignored it and luckily he's not an idiot and didn't paly games for a second. We were honest from the start. I aksed him to be my bf and he had to think it over bc Id accidently rejected him not knowing he was asking me out a few times but then he gave me a chance and we've been close ever since - No games.

Unfortunately a lot of peoepl play games so a lot of peopel feel there's so no option but to fall in line. Coming up with more ways to play games is not really a positive addition to society. Lik the world needs another player lol

Hinesty and courage and respect and open communication and how to give it your all and move on , should be taught in school.

• god this is sad... if anything i think men should get dating advise from lesbians and gay guys should help girls.. doesn't that make more sense?

• Wow, they seem very... nice?
    Tbh, these guys seem very observant, confident, expressive and possess amazing social & communication skills but they also seem pretentious and presumptous as all hell.

What Guys Said 9

• That actually describes my game to a T, except only a loser would call himself, aspire to be, or follow a list things to do in order to be, a pick up artist. (Not at you, QA, just speaking to the world, haha) Where I come from, we just call that "knowing how to talk to girls." Also an important rule: "talk to her like a normal person that you're not just trying to pick up."

• yeah its a bunch of Huey the stuff he talks about that Richard guy is just common sense its like you can't teach confidence or even fake it cause people will know based off the looks on your face. That's one of the main things he teaches and he even says himself you just have to practice anyways all he is doing is teaching people how to flirt with chicks sneakily and if they do reject you he teaches you how to get rejected in a easy way, but the thing with that is you can't control what the women are doing and not all women will reject you so easily. That guy is from Russia by the way is just a scam dude trust me.

• yeah im familiar with the term. sometimes I think they're just full of themselves though hahaa.

• I think thats a recipe that can be applied with success but obviously needs refining to suit each women some points like give and take ehhhh not so sure about, I would make my intentions clear at first with the girl so she knows where she stands

• Just like art, I'm terrible at it
    But yes, I've heard of it

• TL;DR Don't put woman on a pedestal. Have confident, control, and challenge.

• I remember seeing a few episodes way long ago. It was pretty entertaining to watch.

• Are we talking about names like Erik von Markovik and Neil Strauss? Oh, yeah, their confidence with their pseudoscience makes me relate them to gullible optimists.

• They are funny and I feel sorry for the guys who need em