What do older guys think when they're dating younger girls?

I'm 21 and I might be going on a date with a guy who is 26. I think age is just a number most of the time, but sometimes I have to take a step back and wonder... what is going through his mind, knowing I'm 21? Does he see me as really young? It is the fact that I'm young that attracts him? Is he weird?
I know we're both adults, so there isn't that much of a difference in maturity, but still.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Five years difference is nothing

• 26 and 21 is such a mild gap that most guys would not even think much about it unless the girl was noticeably immature. If you let them down they'll go back to the drawing board and consider dating older girls.

• concise and simple, thanks

• Twenty-six is "older"?

Crap, I'm in trouble. >_<

• It's older than 21, I'm sorry to break the news.

• "I sure love my girlfriend!"

• what

• No problem. It's true, though: my co-worker's husband is 14 years older than her. They only worried about the difference at first because of what other people might think. That aside, they love each other very much.

• I'm less concerned about what people think and more concerned about people's intentions, I'm not a trusting person haha.

• They are thinking.. she is young and fresh. She is naive and doesn't have as much experience as I do, I will use my advantage to manipulate her and she won't know it, if anyone expresses reservations- I've been nothing but sincere (lol) and she'll tell them that I'm "not like that". This is great! Although to be fair the age gap isn't that massive and it'd be really predatory if you were in your late teens.. but at 21vs26 the thought process still applies.. probably.

• Thanks for your honesty but saying "probably" at the end, you lost your credibility ;)

• Haha I'm glad I didn't offend. Ah yeah I definitely won't be unrealistic about it, I'm not saying nothing gets past me but I don't think I fall for the same crap a lot of girls do. Like my first instinct it wariness. Some girl once told me I should date older guys once and I was like, wow really girl. My friend is 20 and her boyfriend was 26, he had been in a serious relationship before and at this point he was kind of looking for the girl he'd marry. It didn't end well. I know not all guys that age are looking for that but it's a significant amount of time and experience they have that I don't. thanks for your opinion :)

• This deserves the MHO!

What Girls Said 1

• That isn't an age difference to me.
    it's not like you are dating someone 35 or 40.

• Yeah that was kind of my thoughts but when I told my friend he freaked out, and it made me wonder if there's anything behind his reasons. It'd be different if we fell in love or something but I don't know him that well, we're getting to know each other.

• Your friend is immature and wants to sleep with you, lol. He sees the 26 year old as unbeatable competition.

• Yeah that's what I thought, I kind of had to explain to him that it's absolutely nothing to worry about. And yes haha he has liked me in the past but I don't think that's it, I think he's just a bit of a baby.