Guys, do you fear you'll be rejected when you ask a girl out?

Every girl wants to be asked out. Do you guys fear you're not the one she likes? Or is it just that you're assholes?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• I do fear rejection, but I dont let this control me. Some guys (like some of the ones here) fear rejection and because of it dont ask girls. Taking the chance to ask a girl out and being rejected is a lot better than never knowing if she would have said yes if you were to asked her out. Also, before asking a girl out I always try to talk to her, get to know her, and see if she has any sort of interest in me. This way when I ask her out I know there's only a small chance Ill be rejected. Honestly the only reason I wouldn't ask a girl out is either because she's not showing any interest or because Im just not into her.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, many of us are terrified of how you'll treat us in a vulnerable moment. A lot of us have been humiliated in our early interactions with girls, and as a result we learn that girls don't like us, or so we come to believe. It's taken me a long time to get over the rejections that I experienced in high school.

• assets.diylol.com/.../...e-was-rejected-cd84b8.jpg

Seriously though, happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. And yet the fear still exists.

• Well I am an asshole, but that is kind of unrelated. I fear rejection even more than I fear heights. So much so that I haven't asked anyone out.

• Fear of rejection is a part of it. A bigger part of it is not knowing what exactly asking out is. I wouldn't know what to say to make her know I'm asking her out without coming off too steing or beating around the bush too much.

• Fear of rejection is main hurdle to initiate... :/

• Yeah of course, why are we assholes?

• Yep and it's why I still have yet to ever ask anyone out.