How do you break awkward silence?

When guys want to talk on the phone there's a period of awkward silence and just to break it I'll all empty questions like "what did you eat today" lol what kind of questions can be asked to get someone taking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually just roll with it.

I'm not particularly great at the silence part of the equation, but I've got awkward down pat.

What Guys Said 6

• Start talking about current events?
    What they think about it (Please I pray to god they have a strong opinion about it or I will have to start firing topics like Rambo)

• I get along with ranty people better lol
      I can go on a rant for hours if given the chance. I blame my god-father for instilling that British cynicism in me.

• Just fart into the phone and then say " did you hear that asshole talking shit?" He should then start laughing and the conversation will flow, effortlessly.

• Easy, I just ask a ridiculous question. Usually leads to another lengthy discussion somehow.

• By talking about things. Just think of something random and start discussing it.

One thing I particularly like is talking about how much I hate 50 Shades of Grey. It is a horrible book in many many ways.

• I often try to keep talking and not let those awkward silences happen. When they do though I usually ask em how their day was that goes on for a while lol.

• I don't mind silences.

What Girls Said 4