Am I being used?

I know a guy from school, we lost touch for a few years until early this year. He will be working on another continent from September for a couple of years. He asked me if I wanted to meet up for a drink a couple of weeks ago. We did, he left after a couple of hours to go training (he is semi-pro sportsman). He asked if I fancied a meal last week; we went, same thing happened again. He says I am always good company, but other than that, there's no flirting or anything. When he had a girlfriend, he totally ignored me (the years we lost touch). Now he doesn't, he seems to want to see me but not very much and not for very long. I don't feel like it's just a friend thing; equally he doesn't seem to be flirting with me at all. My theory is that he likes being around me occasionally, but really is just killing time with me. It's kind of messing with my head as I do like him. I get that he leaves in a few months but I just want to know what's going on! Does anyone have any advice? Thanks! Ps don't know if it's relevant but we are both in our late 20s

Thank you everyone. I think I am confused because we dated for a few months, a few years ago and he ended things with me, so I guess I will always like him a bit. I will take it for what it is and if I start to like him too much, I'll have to stop the meet ups!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just take it as it is: friendly get togethers without intent to go any further.

He obviously enjoys your company, and it makes sense that he is not making any advances because he is leaving soon.

If you feel yourself falling for this guy, decide for yourself if you can live with the fact of just being friends or not. If not, you tell him what's up and that you would rather not spend more time with him because of your feelings.

What Guys Said 1

• As our worlds get seemingly more complex as time goes on, it still is nice to keep in touch with a few people.. or those that you can, take it for that

What Girls Said 2

• If you want answers you'll have to ask him, but he may not give you satisfying answers. You'll have to get closure by accepting the situation and that he doesn't reciprocate your feelings.

• I think that he enjoys your company, and missed hanging out with you while he was involved with his partner. Due to the situation, I believe he just wants someone to hang out with.