Is it wrong that I wouldn't date an unintelligent guy?

I get really annoyed when a guy isn't all that bright. Like when I have to explain what I'm talking about I get really turned off. I don't need a genius but it would be nice if a guy knew what's going on in the world and can talk about things other than sports and sex? I mean I'm not that judgmental but if a guy can't engage in an intelligent conversation than it's a deal breaker for me.

I especially hate when a guy doesn't make sense in his messages. Like if I have to decode what you're saying I'm hella annoyed

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy I like isn't unintelligent. He knows about stuff I don't and I know stuff he doesn't. I just hate his lack of grammar and spelling skills. Not even a big deal but ahhh

What Guys Said 16

• It's not wrong; it's just a preference. But, in their defense, they could be intelligent in other subjects.

• I'm not saying they have to be super intelligent but I just want a guy that can hold up a conversation

• when you were younger? You are still young. GTFO lol... It was the shit when i was younger than you!

• Lol yes when I was younger. It's not as socially acceptable for me to play Pokémon now

• Not wrong at all, I wouldn't date a girl that knows nothing that's going around the world. I don't expect her to be like a newspaper, but I do want someone with common knowledge and who I can talk to, have deeper conversation.

• I just go for whatever attracts me both looks and personality wise. Don't think about having particular types because it feels like I am putting limits on myself. I have dated all types over the years all different looks and personalities.

• Girls with that view are probably the main reason I've had a love life.

• So, you support the survival of the fittest? Okay. Good to know. Some people know things that you don't know, and vice-versa.

• No I am the same way with women. You can't change what your attracted too. So no its not wrong

• It's not wrong.

• Sounds perfectly reasonable of you to have preferences.

• There's nothing wrong with that. Guilty as charged on the sports thing lmao. I try to keep up with whats going on in the world but I don't try to talk about things I don't understand like I know exactly what I'm talking about.

• One shouldn't date people of equal "quality" considering a lot of factors including intelligence.

• This kinda girls exists?
    *faith in humanity restored*

• I don't think it's wrong at all. I wouldn't date a girl who wasn't at least fairly intelligent

• Thank you, my friends make fun of me for being so picky but I don't want to feel like I'm dating a twelve year old

• No problem. I know how you feel. My friends always made fun of me for being so picky before I met my GF

• Nothing wrong with having standards

• you dont seem that smart your self so an average dude would suit you well...

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif Nope sounds about right/don't blame ya

• I couldn't date a girl that I couldn't have an intelligent conversation with. She doesn't have to be straight A but at least have well thought out ideas

What Girls Said 2

• Nope. I'm the same way. I get bored fast if we can't have an intellectual conversation. It's how I connect and relate to people sometimes.

• No, I agree. I often have to explain things to even smarter guys, because my teacher is too lazy to explain it to the class and expects me to. I couldn't bear doing that 24/7. That said, as long as they're close-ish to average it's totally fine.