Are bad dates a total waste of time?

I'm not talking dates that go terribly wrong. Are dates that don't work out a complete waste of time, energy, and money? Personally I think they are potential learning experiences and I've even had fun on a few dates that just didn't work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Far from a waste of time (usually. But I have had a few that were!). I actually learn more about what I am looking for and need when presented with someone who doesn't exactly "match" me.

• I tend to agree with you, becca123. Thanks for stopping by.

What Girls Said 2

• We learn from our experiences.. Good bad and otherwise.. Never a waste in my opinion :-)

• I tend to agree.

• Well, I've had dates that were very promising TO ME, but the other person didn't feel the same way. Does that count?

• Sure we can count that :-)

• They can be just another bad experience. You learn from them. Like bad job interviews

What Guys Said 5

• I feel the same as you, Blue.

People should always treat it as a learning experience. Even if you don't find what you were looking for, you're putting yourself out there. That counts for something.

• Not always. You can still have fun with a person even if there is no real chemical attraction. But personally I would say most of my not-so-good dates (ie most of them) have been time I would rather have spent elsewhere.

• I look at it as an educational experience. Learn and get better for future dates.

And I went out with one girl getting a medical degree... learned some good stuff on health.

• naa they're an experience that we should all have so dont take other dates for granted.

• I can have fun with my buddies, I date to potentially find a partner, if it didn't work out I am still single afterwards and failed in the objective... thus it was a complete waste of time, energy, and money.

• I see. I don't necessarily agree, but thanks for stopping by.