Growing up very sheltered... effects?

If someone grows up very sheltered especially a girl...what are the effects?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if it would be as bad for a girl as it is for a guy. It might make it easier for men to use you, but at least you will still have guys interested. For a guy that is very sheltered it can make dating almost impossible. Guys that are socially awkward are seen as creepy. Girls that are socially awkward are almost never seen as creepy. I am assuming those are the biggest differnces between the genders.

On a non gender specific bases, I would say that you are likely not to understand just how mean and evil people can be, and this can make it easier for coworkers to walk all over you, and steal opportunites that you were more deserving of. If you don't understand how cut throat the busniness world is, you are likley not going to go very far.

What Guys Said 1

• Social awkwardness, antisocial.

What Girls Said 3

• na├»ve. overly trusting. too nice. a Pollyanna view of the world. easily taken advantage of. gullible. not respected by others

• I doubt you'll end up like me lol, most likely you'll a victim for a while.

• Social awkwardness. First hand experience at being "sheltered" so to speak.