I fell in love with a guy and it didn't work out. But now he has changed my standards of what I want in a man. Help?

No one seems to measure up to him. He was perfect. Not only were his looks perfect to me, but his personality and lifestyle. I can't find anyone I like anymore.

I guess my question is.. is it still okay to dream about crossing paths with him one day when it could work out?

Most Helpful Guy

• lucky you then...:-)

What Guys Said 4

• he can't be the only one of his kind, not with all the people we have on this earth.

• So wait question. Do you like the person you've become and thinking that it was because of him?

• No I like the person I've become because of myself, nothing to do with him.

• Then good. He isn't the only one out there, you should explore the new person you've become and then once you're settled find him or someone like him. You are still young experience life.

• You should stalk him relentlessly and make him yours. Steal his underwear!!!

• you waht ask what?

What Girls Said 2

• I went through the same thing. I met this guy who was so amazing that I thought I would never find someone good enough. But trust me, you find someone who is better in other ways. I think that time comes when he doesn't leave an impact on you or someone comes into your life who shows what can be more interesting. My guy was a typical hot guy (mad men style) and intelligent, kind, charming etc. However, my boyfriend after him was this amazingly good looking Spanish guy but he didn't do it for me. He did however help me assess what it is that truly makes me happy. After these two guys I went for a geeky handsome goof and he was the best guy I have ever been with. He was a real man in ways the other two weren't and people loved him for it. You will go through a similar change eventually. Maybe the other guys just don't match up to what you want so you compare them, once a guy does.. you won't even compare him to anyone because he'll be perfect for you. Trust me!

• What is your actual question here?

Well you tried him, and it didn't work out... it was an experience. You seem fixated on his personality. You need to work on getting over him. Date different guys.