Do men ever get over the women they truly loved?

My opinion is that they don't. Most men only have one true love. Actually I think most people do. You may love people, but never truly be in love

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's true.. I can't get over her... Yes i can forget her temporarily but as soon as i get a glimpse of her or even a post on social media.. I get those feelings back..

• Thanks for the mho..

What Guys Said 6

• Kinda depends on the breakup and the surrounding circumstances.

With me, I truly loved my ex and she absolutely destroyed my heart (some of her reasons I later understood, but it was not clean and I never knew the true reason). I never really got over her, (1) because I thought she was "the one", and (2) because the nature of a bad breakup like that left with me the longing desire for her.

So the answer is yes and no. Just really depends on the surrounding circumstances of the relationship and if the breakup was clean, mutual, or ugly.

• Also, I was dating my ex for 4 years and we were very serious.

• Absolutely do, and in my opinion the concept of a "one true love" is one that has been romanticized by fictional love stories. That does not mean that Love is felt any less, but believing that only one person will be able to offer the shared happiness they long for is For a lack of a better word Silly

• Yes, they get over it and with practice it becomes easier each time. I'm always aware that something better will turn up soon, and it usually does.

• Yes it might take a year to move on. But yes men can move on once they become realist.
    I am living proof of that.

• Unfortunately I have never been in love as in the "true love" have had several relationships but am still looking for the right girl...

• Yes, I chased a girl for about 3 years, I really really gave my everything to this girl, like I did soo much to be with her, finally, after 5 months of not talking to her, I was completely over her

What Girls Said 0