Why is that it's normal for a woman to be single for the majority of her life but socially wrong for a man to do the same?

As a straight man, I have no interested in any woman at the moment nor have the time to look for one being that I'm a college student-athlete who doesn't have time to that stuff. Even if I do have the time to be finding a woman to "bang", what's the point of sex with a woman if there's absolutely NO connection between us at all? Unfortunately, a lot of men don't see it that way. I always wonder why people are so quick to assume that a man who's been single for his whole life is "destined" to be a "miserable loser" for the rest of his life. I sure as hell am happy with my life the way it is without many female intervention.

Most Helpful Guy

• you are what it should be like.

i think most people are sluts. people who have casual sex and obviously outside of their relationships. they are sluts but this sexualized culture has become so normal that people are offended by the truth.

i m like you. if i dont like anyone, i m literally sexually abstinent. its been this way for years. i get girls that show interested for relationship and sex because i do have them for company and my friends think i m an idiot not sleeping wiht them. these are the same people that cheat and screw anything that looks decent.

keep to it, its not socially wrong. this just goes to show how degenerate/godless society have become.

when people who sleep around get older, they have a waaay higher chance to cheat and crave polugamy. trust me, you are valued over the typical person who sleep around and you'll realise this more and more.

What Girls Said 3

• I suppose it would depend on someone's culture/upbringing as well as their social circle, but in my honest opinion, I think it's because people see "normal" as relative to their personal beliefs/prejudices.

I also suppose it may be because of stereotypes. A man who is single for most of his life may be viewed as a non-committal bachelor who spends most of his time sleeping around or, as you said, someone who is unable to garner any interest from the opposite sex.

Women don't seem to have a stereotype for that. The most derogatory thing would be "Cat Lady".

• Well I think such idiots should back off and stop slapping labels like that on our faces just because of what they believe. I really don't need or want a girlfriend at the moment because I have enough problems to deal with at the moment. It sure as hell has nothing to do with my "lack of committment". It's just strictly I choice that I feel that is best for me.

• I wholeheartedly agree.

• I have never thought that anyone who wants to be single of as a loser. Male or female it really doesn't bother me and I don't see what is wrong with it at all.

• that stereotype is the wrong way round. guys are thought of as bachelors living the high life if they spend most of it single and girls are thought of a spinsters or crazy and pressured about not having a marriage and family because that should apparantly be the main goal of a woman if they spend most of it single

What Guys Said 2

• these days it should be more acceptable, I mean cmon everyone knows girls and guys are working their asses off to pursue a better life and most cases they don't have the time or luxury for a relationship

• Presumed agency.