Girls, why do females like the bad boy type?

ladies why do y'all go for the bad boys. the lazy ones that don't have a job no car no money. and the one's that treat y'all like crap and the ones that cheat on y'all and hit y'all instead of going for a good guy that does work and have money and has his life in place

Thanks all. sorry if it came out wrong

98

Most Helpful Girl

• I will say it again for 100th time, no such thing... there is guys with confidence and then there is immature boys with confidence who aren't ready to be serious to any girl yet, it's the confidence part and the fact he truly knows he's cute and that he's capable in his abilities in sex and in all types of things in life that is extremely attractive, that capableness is really great. Too many supposed "good guys" though lack in confidence because just like most girls they are constantly feeling insecure and comparing themselves to other guys...

• well said

• Thanks :) i personally love that kind of confidence in a guy, it's irresitible because he's also more fun and not some boring guy who has everything planned out to a T... i don't want to know what will happen, i just want to be happy and have fun and id like for a guy to be the source of that fun and happiness.

• I like the way u thank (:

What Girls Said 97

• I don't like bad boys and have never liked bad boys. At least not since I was 10 years old. I want a guy who treats people well, respects both others and himself and especially respects his god, takes cares of others and looks at everyone with a heart of compassion, understanding, empathy and focuses on self-improvement.

• I dated a guy like that once. He was really, really, attractive and really catered to most of my needs

But me paying for dates and his constant smoking made it less and less appealing.

What was attractive was his look (dark colors, black Ts and skinny jeans, nice style...). Also he always told me and meant it, that he thought I was hot, beautiful or sexy and kissed me, We held hands walking, and went to places we probably shouldn't have gone to make out at all types of night but I felt safe with him. He was silent sometimes and always said how he felt like even if he was pissed and I don't know he had a deep voice and it is just nice when a guy is intense or passionate about things and you're a part of that.

I wish most guys were like him plus a job and more focused on the future and not so intense its borderline scary lol can't have it all I guess?

• Like, sometimes prefer, rarely marry or to raise kids with
    the bad boys are a refreshing relief from WAITING for a buy to drum up the courage to ask us out
    then such outings are going to be more edgy and nontraditional adventures than choir boy suggestions.
    We take a risk, sure but the rewards can be memorable, so long as we can control the situations.

• I think being lazy and not caring about e. g school or your job is a really turn of. I think other girls like bad boys because they are a bit mysterious and are sexy. They want a bad boy who's good to them. Like she's special or something, like in a book or movie

• I don't. Douche-bags are not attractive. Acting like you wouldn't give me the time of day is really annoying. Being a jerk will be completely ignored. Dressing like a tool isn't sexy. A man should have a sense of humor and be intelligent above all else. He should be kind and thoughtful. He doesn't have to spend money to get my time. Hand pick flowers, fix something in my house, diy some shit for me. Show me that you are useful and I will be useful to you. There is a fine line here though, don't act like I'm all you think about, you have to be your own person or else you aren't interesting.

• Now being a person who doesn't have much experience in this field I don't really like bad boys, and honestly I don't get why girls like them. Unless they're bad people as well. But the boy I like isn't one at all. He actually has a job, a lot of money he's saving for college, a good family, and goals. He doesn't hang out with bad kids either. Back to your question, again, I don't really know. Like someone said before they just show more confidence. Also girls think they can "protect" them in a major crisis. Also they know that these guys are experienced so they know what they're doing you know? Like most good guys probably don't come around with as many girls as bad guys (but when a good guy gets a relationship it usually lasts longer) but bad guys on the other hand usually get a new gf every week. So I guess that's why. If you're thinking about becoming one I wouldn't if I were you. Anyways hope that helped.

• I don't like bad boys. I have a boyfriend, yes he's got a job that's well paid, serving for the country. But I don't like him because of his uniform, I like him for him , NOT HIS MONEY! My boyfriend got a total of 1 gsce, then left school to join. He got one gsce mainly because he had no motivation to study and also he's got severe dyslexia. This does not change my opinion on him. His background is bad, but him personally is not. I love him the way he is and nothing will change that (only If he changes himself I guess)

• We go for the ones that we feel need us. Not because we necessarily want to but because its in most girls nature. We are nurturers. We need to feel needed. Other girls go for them because they seriously think that's what they deserve. Which is a result of a long line of losers telling her she is unworthy of being treated with respect. I'm madly in love with a man who has a job, his own vehicle, his own place and has his shit together. But I haven't gone for it because, as a women going for a man with nice shit, we get put in the category as gold diggers. I don't care about money. Never have and never will. But it hurts to be categorized as one.

• If a girl goes for a guy like this it's probably because she's insecure or feels that the majority of guys would treat her in such a way and that there's not a chance that she'll find someone better. Even if someone denies that this is the reason they are with someone, there's really no other logical explanation for allowing somebody to treat you terribly. A lot of girls have more self respect and higher standards than this and would never be with a guy who treats them in such a way.

However, it's also often inaccurate to assume that a girl chose to be with a jerk. Even if a guy seems a little rough on the edges there is always a chance that he treats her amazingly and that she is happy and content in her relationship. Just because a guy seems like a jerk to you does not mean that he treats his girlfriend negatively.

• A bad boy doesn't have car job or money? Isn't that a loser? Im irritated by losers :/ but its hard to attract a guy who's got his head on straight

• I have mine in straight lol

• I know!!! Its under the guise of income producing but more stressful than needed ): ugh. Well I'm sure you'll find a lady that doesn't like losers or bad boys haha

• Maybe so. thank ya. have a great day :)

• I think it's because we feel like they can protect us. Even though that thought doesn't come to our mind but I know girls want to be protected so maybe thats why deep down inside we always lean toward the bad boys because our female intuition wants that.

• I am going to say this once to set the record straight, NOT ALL WOMEN SHARE SIMILAR TASTE IN MEN. I personally hate inconsiderate, rude, loud and obnoxious men. They annoy me and appear to me as:
    a) attention seekers
    b) crowd pleaser
    c) hollow, empty lifeless shell
    I would prefer an emotional roller coaster to a macho guy any day, at least the emotional roller coaster has dimensions and depth.

• Girls go for guys that treat them the way they are used to being treated. Often girls with deadbeat dads will find men who act the same way attractive because that is what they are used to and what they think is normal. Or girls who are naive and sheltered are looking for adventure and excitement and think the guy will provide them that

• I don't think that when it comes to bad boys. My version of a bad boy is a guy with a motorcycle who gives off mean/bad look that's also very sexy at the same time. They have a temper when it comes to protecting you but really they are sweet and loving (and the sex would be great). And he would have this really manly job like a mechanic or something.

• I don't like those types you mentioned. I like ambitious people, even as a friend. Your description above is like harming personality.

• Some guys generalize women as gold diggers who won't give a poor guy a second look and only want money. According to you, women don't want men with their shit together they want bums.

• Bad guys give off a vibe of trouble and adventure and some women like that. Just because there are loads of stories about good girls dating bad boys doesn't mean it's every girl's preference. Besides, some bad boys are the ones who just have so many layers of walls of hurt that they just need to do things that they do to get away from it all.

• Probably for the same reason girls with protective parents (a lot more common for girls than guys) go through crazy rebellious phases? The Bad Boy type is more than just an interest, it represents going against what they've been constantly pushed to do and living on the wild side for a bit. That being said, there are a lot of girls who never feel the need to go through such a phase... women, just like men, cannot be generalized and you need to start looking for all the sweet girls out there that are ignored by people who generalize all women to be the same.

• They have more confidence, they take control, they are straight to the point. The thing is women respond more to the guy who is straight forward, than to the guy who is beating around the bush and taking too long. Not saying that they don't want the sweet, kind, caring and their hearts on their sleeves kind of guy but those guys, just need some more confidence and they can get just as much women as the bad boy.

• Most of us don't...

• If we say we want a guy with a job and car we're labeled as golddiggers.
    Yet if we date men who are jobless and carless we are seen as dumb and only want "bad boys".
    Hmmmmmmmm. . .

I have come to the conclusion no matter who I date, some bitter guy is gonna talk shit about him and me.

• a lot of the time even if they have nothing they have an attitude of confidence in them selves that women find attractive. but there's always more to it. If you want to get that girl you need to go after her. Still be respectful but go for it. Girls usually have a low self esteem and that's who they think is the best they can get.

• I would never ever ever in a million years date a guy like that. Especially the cheating and hitting part, nuh uh!

• Im not one to want to be with someone with no money or job because if im working so are you and bad boys are more fun unpredictable some girls want excitment in their life me i only want one guy right now and he's not a bad boy ion think he is but yeah some girls get bored or been with them forever and just dont wanna let go. and believe it or not some girls like when guys hit them they actually egg them on to do it i guess it depends on what the guys does and who the girl is.

• It's kinda of like a fun adventure in a way. And for some reason attractive but nice guys are good to unless they are too nice then it is kind of weird

• I can't really speak from my perspective, since I do not go for that type at all. I prefer confidence, ambition, respectful and a caring/kind attitude. But I do have a friend that liked this type that you've mentioned. She said she was attracted to him, because she thought she could maybe fix him or build him up... not in a negative way like completely change his personality, but try to make him a better person and see him succeed in life.

• Women who know themselves and respect themsleves wouldn't dare to go for a guy like that. most chick that end up with loosers have all sort of issues, past abuse, insecurities and so forth. Until they find their own worth they are happy among the worthless.

• I don't understand this either, I see so many of my girlfriends date and marry complete losers, my sister too, my mom staying with my dad when he did horrible things too. I guess the only explanations I can think of are, they like the drama because god knows some women love drama. I also think sometimes women also think they can change men like that, so they get emotionally invested, they make him a project and then they don't want to leave. Also some women are just lonely and would rather be with someone who treats them bad then to be alone, it's stupid and sad lol

• I think some girls do it, because they want to feel special, and be the one who the bad boy is good for. It makes them feel wanted and needed, if he is a "bad" boy, but is good to them.

• don't generalize women its okay if it came out wrong i am not waiting around for someone with no job or car. i myself am independent and i expect him to be somewhat independent. and if he treats me crap, i will put him in his place

• More from Girls
    67