A female friend?

My first day at college(mid year transfer) while watching my beloved Buckeyes win the football national championship(you have to differentiate around here since were so awesome), I met this cute girl and her friends. She was my first friend here and was for a while. I've kinda liked her for a while but I've been afraid to make a move on her since I really don't want to lose her as a friend. Then we made out while drunk at a kickback. Basically she wanted me to forget and told me she didn't feel that way about me, even though her and her friends who were there know she initiated it. Part of me is relieved but the other part is kinda pissed off since she kinda got my hopes up only to say, "sorry I don't actually like you, let's just be friends". I don't know if she actually likes me and wants me to make a move or if I should be strongly annoyed verging on slightly mad at her because I feel like we might go in the direction I want but then she just took it away.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd just try to be friends with her, you never know it might blossom into a great friendship or you two could end up dating later on, never take anything anyone says at the time at face value because it will often change later.

What Girls Said 1

• Move on then.

What Guys Said 1

• If I were you, I'd just try and be friends with her and see where that goes. If she's not honest about how she feels, I'd guess it's because she wants to get to know you better first. Wouldn't make sense otherwise assuming she knows you're at least interested in a relationship. If she is honest, that's just what happens sometimes.