What happened, and what do I do know? Please someone help?

Hello,

I was dating my manager for around five months. We went through a lot of things that showed me that I meant a lot to him. We don't call each other boyfriend or girlfriend, because he just had a son in July and doesn't want to move too fast. I completely understood, but today he got fired.

He said this to me:

"I got terminated. I don't want to talk. I just thought you should know. Also, i'm going to need my space. I don't know for how long but I don't want you to wait on me. Have a good night. I'm sorry."

I said what?

He said: I'm not sure. I don't have any sort of thought process. I just don't want you worrying about me and waiting for me to get in touch with you.

So what now?

What do I do??
How can I just go about my life and not wait on him. He means too much to me for me to do that.

Any thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys deal with emotional crap by withdrawing. It's not that he wants to break up with you. It's he's hurt and trying to deal with it. Give him a week or two then then try something like, "hay, I just made a nice (insert food here) can I bring some over to you?" And see how he reacts.

What Guys Said 3

• Being out of work is a huge loss for some guys. I feel he's just gonna be brooding over being out of work and he doesn't want you to be exposed to all his man-drama. Just respond that you will always be available to listen when he's ready to talk.

• He's hurt and guys think that keeping this shit to yourself will lighten the pain.

• He broke up with you, sorry. Guys know their only value to society and women is if they are working. He isn't, so he doesn't have any value, so he broke up with you so you can find a guy who does.

What Girls Said 2

• That sounds pretty unfair, he won't even give u a chance to be there for him?

• Maybe you should give him a little space. I mean he does need some time to cope with things. Like maybe a week or two? Then go and check up on him and see what's up?