Is it normal to be OK with your relationship being boring [For people in longterm relationships (3 years+) only]?

• Perfectly normal!
  • Danger zone
Omg... I wrote a long explanation for this and I didn't realise that it would disappear when I chose the poll option!

Basically, neither of us (my boyfriend and I) are bored with the relationship. We've just settled into a boring routine. And my boyfriend says that he's fine with it. I'm fine with it.

I just wanted to know if this was ok or if it was something that I should be worried about. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why people have to go go go 200mph non-stop all the time with one night of extreme excitement after the other. Life does become routine after a while. I don't know too many people that can financially afford to go out and spend money all the time to keep things "exciting". I see nothing wrong with it. If you are both ok with it, then what is the problem?

• Thanks for this. I think I was only concerned because I've never been in a relationship long enough to experience a calm, boring period? Usually it's so full of drama till the end until we break up so this is new to me.

• I have lots of nights sitting with my wife where I am simply watching tv and she is playing on her phone or reading. We aren't really doing anything, but we are together, and that is what makes us happy.

What Guys Said 4

• My girlfriend and i are in the same situation and it is not a bad thing. I come home from Uni or work, we sit down and talk and eat dinner for a bit, then I go play some games on my computer, she sits next to me and draws and then we sleep. That is about it and it is so much nicer than worrying about keeping thing exciting with dates and gifts and not to mention much much cheaper.

• didn't get it... you want to say you're bred with your relationship?

• not bored, just settled into a boring routine (see update)

• There's no reason to be with someone that is boring.

• Obviously someone did not read the update. She stated that neither her or her boyfriend are bored in the relationship just they have settled down into what some people would see as a "boring routine"

• Which means they are boring as fuck. Someone obviously doesn't have a brain. Thanks for being a dumb ass. Better luck next life.

• Just spice things up here and there and "go out" to re-induce that spark.

What Girls Said 1

• No not a bad thing, it brings a lot of stability. You can always go out or hang out with a different crowd once a month or so to spice it up