On a date who pays?

Does it really matter who pays the dinner bill?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. If the guy is going to take the initiative to ask you out, and if he is going to be in charge of entertaining you for an evening, he should fit the bill for everything.

If he has no money or resources to do this adequately, then he should by all means go about acquiring the resources to do so. If you feel bad, don't. It's the guy's responsibility.

Basically, on a date, the lady should not have to worry about or take care of anything except having a good time and being entertained. The guy - if he is worth his salt and is worthy of your time and affection - should take care of everything.

In that way, you kinda put him on the spot to perform well, but at the same time you shouldn't be giving your heart away to or wasting your time with some dude who doesn't have his crap together.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it only matters if you don't bring up if anyone particular wants to pay or if it is to be split, otherwise most guys will pick up the check (I hope), unless you say something. Or, if the girl expects the guy to be, like, a mind reader and split it or whatever, and say he pays for it, and it is brought up later like he shouldn't of - what's he to do, or vice versa. The person paying didn't know, then it is used against them, when they were just being kind. It's like cornering someone.

• First date guy should always pay that's a given, but what I do if I like the girl I would say, ok now you can buy me dinner next time, usually they say ok sounds good to me

• I think that guys should pay. At least until the two are a couple, then the girl can pay if she offers. But while initially dating, a guy should always pay.

What Girls Said 3

• Chyeah! If your man says "Honey, let's go halfsies tonight" you should just look em in the eye and say that that ain't happening because he needs to grow up and be a gentleman. The girl can pay but only if they're not dating, really. And even then, if y'all are talking about going out he should still pay. Also, it's not a date if it's at the local McDonald's. Or any place like that. It's just not.

• I feel that the guy will want to split on the first date if he isn't actually interested. . .so if he wants to split - that's fine but I usually take that to mean there won't be a date number two.

• My boyfriend pays sometimes, other times I pay. He's my boyfriend, not my sugar daddy, and therefore it is not his place to buy me everything my little heart desires, nor is it mine to buy him everything.

• Whoever invited the someone, should pay. but it would be gentlemanly if the men payed (: