Is it worth waiting for a girl? Please help?

So there is this girl I used to work with. I would always talk with her and flirt with her at work. She would do the same. She gave me a lot of hints, and everyone said that she liked me. However, I was still afraid to ask her out because she was the only girl i've had feelings for in 5 years. At one point someone even asked her if she would go on a date with me and she said yes. A few months went by and eventually another guy asked her out. They had been going out for just a couple weeks so I thought it was now or never. So I asked her out in person and she gladly and instantly said yes. I told her I would call her later for details. However, after that she kept saying she was busy and kept pushing the date off. So I decided to drop it, but we still talked at work as usual. Soon after that, she got fired for something she didn't do.We only ever saw each other at work so I don't see her anymore. In addition, she has now been dating this guy for three months. So iv'e been really depressed recently that I lost my opportunity. And since she is the only girl I've liked in 5 years, I still am hoping for a chance if/when they break up. So I guess in short my question is. Is it worth waiting for this girl who liked me at one point? I really felt a connection. (Ohh and on a final note, a couple of people in the beginning said they didn't think their relationship would last because the guy just got out of a really long relationship and instantly started dating her as a rebound girl)

Most Helpful Guy

• Still have her number? If so, call and see how she is. Ask her for lunch. If she plays the boyfriend card plead ignorance (If that's plausible) and then use your mutual friend network to let her know you're still interested. Maybe that could help her make a choice.

If she agrees, going to have to go for broke and admit you'd really like to take her on a date and see more of her.

No margin of error here. You've blown it bad in the past so no room for cold feet here.

Couple three months to get something going and if it doesn't happen, you learned a hard lesson and move on.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• My best suggestion would be to... wait, but don't wait. Keep being you and doing the stuff you love, go out and see and meet other girls, but don't necessarily actively seek out a relationship. Just remind yourself that there are other girls available, and see what happens. If she breaks up with him, great! You can put some more emphasis on getting her attention. But if you meet another girl that you have feelings for, pursue her instead.

In short: Don't wait for her and him to break up, go out and be your own person, but don't just snatch up a random relationship. Date again if you find another girl that you have feelings for, or if the two of them break up.

• Look for other girls while staying in touch with her.

• Waiting on outside factors is a risky move what if girl stays with current bf and has a 50 year marriage until death of one of them.

• No. It's rarely ever a good idea. You could try, but it will most likely lead to heartbreak and lost time. It's up to you.