Would a guy honestly wait for sex without cheating?

My ex was my first boyfriend and our relationship was effortless and he says the best he has ever had.
when our relationship went into long distance he broke up with me 3weeks later and said there was no way he was gonna cheat and look me in the eye.

yet he says he still loves me and the break up isn't a reflection of what he feels for me.
it doesn't make sense
I'm 23... Would a guy aged 24-28 really wait?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, cheating is never an option for me. Ill break up with her before i cheat

What Guys Said 6

• I'd wait easily and cheating is never an option for me so I guess you need to see what kind of guy he is.

• Yes. Cheating is never alright. If a guy had a problem with that or didn't love you, then he should just break up and be honest, rather than cheating.

• I am getting sick with these question which are talking about guys have to pay fr dates and girls have to give pleasure anyway yes if he really love you then he can wait if you really love him then you don't bother about his financial status

• I would, yes.

• Sure. Depends on the guy in question of course, but any decent guy would

• Please check out the added details to my question

• He said he had/has those desires and doesn't wanna cheat and look me in the eye

• Yeah, then he should just not cheat. He doesn't need to follow any desire, he is more than an animal..

• Depends on how long of a period we are talking about here. In general I would say probably not. Personally though if I thought the girl was worth it I would (maybe it is because I am still a virgin?)

• But I would end a relationship before I ever thought of cheating

• But if you break up with her isn't that saying she's not worth the wait?

• Based on the long distance part of the relationship I would say he might be more worried about the possibility of cheating on you due to being apart for an extended period of time and getting lonely. It is also possible he might not want to put in the effort for a long distance relationship (depending on how far it is) and find someone closer

What Girls Said 1

• The good ones will wait. The ones that don't are simply trash and don't deserve a well waited for pussy.