Question for the religious?

For those of you that are religious would you Date a atheist ?

• yes
  • No
If no. Why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Even if he's not the same religion he still has to believe in something.

• Fuck I hope the girl I'm can be an exception to this rule... Seems like religion is a real big thing to you religious ones

• The girl I'm perusing*

• If she's devoted to her religion, there'll be no exceptions.

What Girls Said 11

• No. Too different. My religious background is at the core of who I am. I can't just overlook that. I am friends with many nonreligious people, but I would never pursue a romantic relationship with them.

• the only reasons i wouldn't is because of complications. i dont wanna have a kid and have them confused between me and my man. honestly, if i ever meet an atheist man who takes my breath away, not marrying him would probably be excruciatingly difficult for me.

• I would think about dating one but not marrying one..

• why not marry one?

• Cuz if I'm gonna be with him forever he has to at least believe in God... there are also celebrations and traditions.. im not gonna do them alone

• A lot of them say no, but seriously you'd waste the love I your life on their religious views?

• No because we wouldn't be compatible

• Is religion that important to you?

• Yes I want someone who shares my love for it. Who knows more about it than me, who teaches me more about it , etc

• No, my faith is the reason why Iam who I am, dating someone who didn't share that would feel like a betrayal. Even if I didn't feel that way, my aunt married a 'fence-sitter', and I have seen first hand how destructive it has been on my cousins to come from parents who are not like-minded on something that is so pivotal in the upbringing if children.

• Date? Sure. Marry? Only if he didn't want kids.

• What does kids have to do with religion?

• I would end up blaming the *Atheist* husband if the children chose to became Atheist if that makes sense.

I would think he provided a lot of influence onto them. Needed to clarify.

• OIC I understand

• No I wouldn't.
    Because I am religious and it would create complications
    I could be friends with them tho

• What she said ! @ArabianPwincess197

• It wouldn't work

• I believe in God, but i don't have a faith as such. I would not date an atheist, because all of the ones i have come across are arrogant and confrontational.

• that was a good answer.

What Guys Said 13

• I would like to say yes, but from what the atheists on the site have shown me she'll just spend her time insulting me and trying to force me to abandon my faith.

• Smart people include an "I am not religious" option for those who just want to see the poll results...

• Yea nah question just popped into mind and at the time was not really caring for you other non religious people.

• Well I skewed your results by voting "yes", so ha!

Maybe next time.

• Depends on how strongly her atheist views were. The thing about atheism is that it's a religion as well, you're proclaiming there is no god. If she's constantly talking about her views and it's a big part of her life, then no I couldn't date her. If she just didn't believe in god, but didn't make a big deal out of it then I could date an atheist.

• Atheism is the non belief in god (s), not necessarily stating there is no god.

• @lexknowsall

Yes that is the definition. But seeing how they want you to proclaim there is no god and are now forming a list of the morals they believe in... sounds like an organized religion. Just a moralistic religion without a god.

• what list of morals?

• Yeah, I don't even know what religion most of the people I associate with are. It doesn't matter to me as long as she wouldn't make fun of my religion or something.

• No. Atheists bore me.

• Well good thing I don't really care for your opinion ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha

• So you asked "Would you date an atheist" and I said "No, I would not, atheists bore me" answering your question and you feel that there is provocation? If you couldn't handle the answer "No" why ask?

• By the way, for the record, you cannot spell, have terrible English skills, and do not apparently understand some of the more nuanced words you choose to use. For all your talk I know individuals who are actually mentally retarded who articulate their ideas better than you.

• A couple years ago maybe but now no I wouldn't I wouldn't want my kids to be confused and or torn apart between a religion and a group, it's better if everybody is on the same place.

• I think it would just clash between us about God and religion. I"ve never dated an atheist so can't really comment on it.

• I personally could because religion is not everything.

• Generally, no. I am speaking as an atheist myself.

• Fuck well that sucks should I change my religious views for them?

• Honestly I don't think I could even if I tried

• Yes I can date and marry and atheist.

• Reading these responses pretty well scares me. I'm pretty indifferent on religion. I don't know if there's a God. If there is, hopefully he says "alright, you've been a good guy, that's what really matters", and the girl I've absolutely fallen head over heels for (she's done the same) is pretty strongly Christian. Would feel horrible if something like religion split us apart when we're so compatible absolutely everywhere else.

• No they wouldn't cause athiests are out of their league interlectually

• intellectually*

• Of course there are exceptions, but as a general rule if you are clever you don't belive in something supernatural that there's no evidemce of or anything at all that points to it's existence

• @anno_domini

I had a physics professor tell me the way he rounds a number up is "if it's even, I round up. Everything else I round down".
      Just saying, there are physics professors and there are physics professors. What other credentials or accomplishments did he have? Lol

• Why would they?

• Hopefully because they are into me and I can't see past our religious differences