It's legal in my state, but is it morally wrong?

I'm 21, she's a 17 year old who is graduating highschool in 2 months. She will turn 18 this year. In my state age of consent is 16. I was wondering if this is a bad idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, if she's age of consent, nothing wrong with that. I've f*cked girls as young as 17 and it was great. It was legal, and they were as experienced and into it as I was. No one got hurt and the girl certainly wasn't scarred for life or anything. 17 yo girls like and want sex, so it's a natural thing. Just don't get her pregnant. That's where things go really wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• If it's legal, it's legal. I don't see how it can be "wrong" as long as it doesn't go against laws.

• This logic is SO Flawed.

You're black, right? At least judging from your avi. You do realize it used to be legal to segregate schools and also discriminate against blacks. Martin Luther King Jr. went against the laws... was he "Wrong"?

There are many laws that are immoral and many things against the law I wouldn't feel like is bad.

• Get some common sense. I don't see how [the age of consent] can be "wrong" as long as it doesn't go against laws. I was talking about this particular issue.

How is it "bad/unjust/unfair/immoral/wrong" for a man his age to fuck a girl who is of the age of consent?

People who say it's "immoral" are usually imposing their beliefs onto someone else. If the person can legally consent at 16-18 for sex, than that's it.

• I don't see a problem with this.

• If it's legal, then no. It's not a bad idea. As long as you not using her or anything like that.

• I disagree with your logic here. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's not a bad idea or a bad thing in general. In some middle-eastern countries, it's legal for men to physically abuse their wives , but it's legal, so that's not bad, right? People need to separate legality with morality.

With that being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with a 21 year old dating a 17 year old.

• @snuggle_bunny88 The way you formatted it did make it look like you were saying that if it's not legal it's not a bad idea. You probably shouldn't call people an "idiot" when you're 27 years old and can't even write a coherent sentence.

• Why, thank you, for pointing out my disability. Anything else you want to say, @Funnygirl24?

What Guys Said 4

• Weird, another anonymous guy in the SAME age group just asked a similar question...

Anyway, I don't think it's wrong at all. Most 17 year old girls have gone through puberty and look like adult women. Once she hits 18, she will be legal everywhere. It's no big deal.

• I see nothing wrong here

• It's fine as long as you've got good intentions.

• It's fine. If you both really like each other and it works then go for it