Never been asked out or approached?

Do you think its strange? I'm not really outgoing but i am friendly. Just wondering why guys wouldn't approach a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are very good looking but have probably decided that

1. One she is so pretty but there is no way she is single so I will not approch her, I will save both her and myself the embarrassment.

2. That you are so beautiful but you are out of their league and they don't have a chance.

3. That there is no way a girl as good looking as you would be interested In me.

4. Guys can also decided that a girl is really beautiful but I will not bother and automaticly decide that they will not bother because they think the girl will have a poor personality. Us guys run into so many attractive girls that have personality that really suck. I am not saying you are like this at all but just saying what we experience.

5. Do you spend all your time with ear buds in listening to music because guys feel they are hassling girls if they approch in that situation.

6. Are you awear of your facial expressions, it is very easy to have a scowl or grumpy look on your face without really realising it. Espically if a person is thinking about something. Be awear of this as it makes a if difference.

Do you show interest in guys, a girl needs to show a bit of interest if she wants to be approached as this tells guys you are approchable and want to be talked to. You should flirt with guys, smile at them etc to get them to approch you.

• wow thanks for all that information! To answer a few of your points, I don't think i have a bad personality. I mean i'm quiet sometimes but i'm friendly and nice. I think sometimes i do look angry, not on purpose just my natural face although i do smile and laugh!

• Ok if you do not have a bad personality then you need to try and show guys you don't. The trouble is us guys get treated badly by good looking girls all the time. Try not to look angry. When you see a guy you like flirt with him or even approch him yourself.

What Guys Said 19

• might have something to do with location , well mean where you go or don't go. often guys feel more comfortable approaching girls in certain places over others. I know I'd feel lost trying to talk to a girl in a grocery store yet at a bar or party I'm ok with doing that. so if your not socially outgoing it be less likely guys try and talk to you.

• yea i agree but when i do go to those places they still don't talk to me :/

• thing is at a typical party or bar there is a lot of girls , often there is more girls than guys now days at a lot of bars so a single guy has many possible girls he could talk to. one bar I go to on Saturday night is so full of women I just try and pick a couple top priority girls to talk to and don't worry about others cause its just too crowed and busy

• Some guys don't have the confident attitude some others have some are to cocky massive ego others shy get baffled with there words when wanting talk to a attractive girl
    Im sure your an awesome girl and attractive but reason being possibly is that guys are to shy incase they get shot down, some like iv said are shy nervous wanted to talk and approach u but had balls to do so.

• You're a very attractive girl, so I don't know why the guys haven't made approaches. Make sure you're giving little clues that you're open and receptive to contact whenever you're around guys. Smile, laugh, and engage in conversation. If you get in a convo with a guy you might be interested in find some excuse to lightly touch him on the arm, for example, if he tells a joke or otherwise tries to say something funny. That kind of light, subtle touch is very powerful.

• well you may not look all that friendly or open to being approached. The venue also matters quite a bit. Dont expect a guy to approach you on the street, supermarket or anywhere else because a lot of guys these days are being discouraged from approaching women's groups, but being at different parties would give you a better chance of being approached. I mean you look quite attractive to me. You've asked this question several times already, so im guessing that you are suffering from some confidence issues. If too much of that bleeds through in your body language, it can be a push factor which keeps guys away.

• They might be thinking that you may reject them.
    There can be a lot of reasons other than that and I have to know you personally to point those out.
    But what I've wrote in the first line is my best guess for you because it happens with me too :P

• I generally don't see a whole lot of people getting asked out by strangers. In fact I'd say it's not even an intelligent idea to ask out a stranger. Getting a number is far better, because you can sort of ger a feel for their personality over phone before hand. Most relationships begin elsewhere anyways, meaning at group events/clubs/work that sort of thing. So it should not be too disconcerning at nineteen anyways.

• I endorse everything @applefan1 mentioned.

Many times guys will make the assumption that the girl is taken and in my experience it's true. I don't think most of us guys are into pursuing taken girls, though there are some that would definitely do it.

• Thanks mate.

• It's easy. The more attractive the girl is, the higher the probability that some other guy has asked her out.

• I had situations growing up , and I would run into very attractive girls. I would think she must have a boyfriend or she got the pick of the litter. I would ease drop into her conversation for hit if she was single. Flirting really tells me she single if she takes interest in my interests. I find attractive girl feel an entitlement is attached to thier beauty. I would just approach guys that your interested in. Start a conversation and see where it goes. Being appoarchable is REALLY attractive male or female. You sound like s very nice young woman.:)

• Is that an actual picture of you? If so maybe guys assume your taken or aren't interested. Your. Very attractive. I actually wouldn't talking to you. Shed me a message if you ever wanna chat or something.

• That is my real picture, i wouldn't lie. I actually don't think i'm that attractive, maybe average but thanks anyway!

• haha you're too nice! thank you. If i wasn't so shy i could approach!

• Some guy will show interest. I hope you meet a good guy.

• Don't worry, based on your picture you'll get sick of the attention in a few years. I can only really give you the cliche , but often correct "You look too pretty to be single." I know that if im attracted to a girl, there must be at least hundreds of others that are too. Sometimes I'll still approach but not always.

• BC you look damn hot so girls might think that your out of there league bc I'm also thinking the same LOL 😁

• Looking at your pic, you'll have a lot of success if you approach.

• hey, wanna go out with me?

• you are very beautiful and I really find this weird, maybe guys are blind where you live lol

• i wouldn't say beautiful, i'd say average lol

• Well in my opinion I think you are very beautiful... Not trying to lie and be nice with you or something like that but you really are :)

• thank you :)

• What is your outfit usually like?

What is your facial expression usually saying?

• Maybe you should try doing the approaching, then?

• are you autistic or aspie by any chance?

• Let's go for a dinner... ;)

• Most men are fearful but i am not but i have been consistantly rejected by women

What Girls Said 3

• Why won't you approach guys?
    They most probably don't approach you for the same damn reasons.

• I think i'd be too shy to approach :/

• Then the guys are most likely too shy to approach, too. Or they're not interested in you.

• It's not that strange, it never really happened to me either. But there's nothing stopping you from going up to guys you think are cute and asking them out.

• Maybe you're fat or ugly?

• Well i'm definitely not fat, I don't know about ugly.

• @Anonymous sssh stay anon , your probably ugly yourself

• I am you're right! Lol @baarkmann and stop barking!